DSDT for Battery Management and Truevision HD webcam on HP G6 2212SL (Yosemite)

TheBosZ

32 posts in this topic

Hi to all :)

This is my first time to attempt a DSDT patch but even if I read some guides using MaciASL I still don't know how to proceed.

Before using Yosemite, I used VoodooBattery on Mavericks, but this solution is not working anymore.

So I'm asking for some help in order to get battery management status.

Also, for webcam (HP Truevision HD) that never worked even on Mavericks.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks a lot

A DSDT patch is probably not your answer at all. If VoodooBattery no longer works in Yosemite, consider the alternative of the patched AppleSmartBatteryManager kext. You'd have to re-install it after every 10.10 update since OS updates will most likely replace the kext by an updated version.

attachicon.gifAppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.zip

The webcam may not be supported at all. I suggest you open up a dedicated thread for that where you'll specify the PCI details of the hardware.

But I have to understand one important thing: with AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext will I only see battery status or will be also an ACPI energy management?

Also, when I tried other distro for understand how to install Mavericks months ago, I saw that with another one (I cannot name here :) )was working.

Should I use Darwin Dumper for extrapolate information I need?

thanks, once I will finish at work I'll try your kext. Do I have only to install it with Kext Wizard and rebuild cache?

Most laptop DSDTs need a patch for battery status to work because multi-byte EC access doesn't work on AppleACPIPlatform provided in Lion+ (if you had it working on Mavericks, you were likely using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard).

There are many battery patches here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

And the latest battery kext is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

• Like 1

Hi RehabMan, nice to talk directly with you :) I already tried to use that kext, point is I don't know how to modify a DSDT in order to use with my laptop, that's why I asked some help

Ok, here's my Darwin Dumper, hope it can be useful :)

DarwinDumper_2.9.7_INSYDE_Corp._X64_Yos_.zip

Hi RehabMan, nice to talk directly with you :) I already tried to use that kext, point is I don't know how to modify a DSDT in order to use with my laptop, that's why I asked some help

Ok, here's my Darwin Dumper, hope it can be useful :)

It is not going to work without both DSDT patch and kext. There is already a patch in the repo that matches your DSDT.

I didn't name the specific patch, because I think it is relatively obvious if you look at the list...

Probably I'll appear as a dumb but I think the only that should be at least close with mine could be this, "battery_HP-G6-2221ss.txt" but I remember that I already installed using MacIASL and it didn't worked properly, but maybe I'm wrong

Probably I'll appear as a dumb but I think the only that should be at least close with mine could be this, "battery_HP-G6-2221ss.txt" but I remember that I already installed using MacIASL and it didn't worked properly, but maybe I'm wrong

That's the one. If you're using MaciASL properly (as described in the README), it appears as "HP G6 2221ss".

I tried also that one before using your method for Clover, but I don't know why it deactivated WiFi and no battery. Also it is not the same exact model
(mine is G6-2212SL), However I'll try this night again, thanks for now

I tried also that one before using your method for Clover, but I don't know why it deactivated WiFi and no battery. Also it is not the same exact model

(mine is G6-2212SL), However I'll try this night again, thanks for now

There is no separate "method for Clover"...

I already checked your DSDT. That patch is a match even though the minor difference in laptop model.

There is no separate "method for Clover"...

I already checked your DSDT. That patch is a match even though the minor difference in laptop model.

For Clover should I compile DSDT.aml and put in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and should take it without harness?

(I think should be the right path, I don't have here laptop).

I'll try again to patch it, but should I start from a clean DSDT or can I put it on the already configured by Clover DSDT?

For Clover should I compile DSDT.aml and put in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and should take it without harness?

(I think should be the right path, I don't have here laptop).

Yes. Such questions can be answered by reading the Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

I'll try again to patch it, but should I start from a clean DSDT or can I put it on the already configured by Clover DSDT?

Not sure what you mean by "already configured by Clover DSDT". I don't think using Clover DSDT "Fixes" are a good idea... I prefer to patch manually.

Yes. Such questions can be answered by reading the Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Not sure what you mean by "already configured by Clover DSDT". I don't think using Clover DSDT "Fixes" are a good idea... I prefer to patch manually.

I mean that once I open MaciASL, he should read running DSDT that (I suppose) was changed by Clover during its installation...or am I wrong?

Because in one guide I remember that I read about a method to extrapolate DSDT without modifications.

I mean that once I open MaciASL, he should read running DSDT that (I suppose) was changed by Clover during its installation...or am I wrong?

MaciASL will read the DSDT currently being used. Clover does not change DSDT "during its installation". However, it can patch the native DSDT at boot time...

Because in one guide I remember that I read about a method to extrapolate DSDT without modifications.

Best way to get a native DSDT (and native SSDTs) is to extract it(them) from Linux.

• Like 1

MaciASL will read the DSDT currently being used. Clover does not change DSDT "during its installation". However, it can patch the native DSDT at boot time...

Best way to get a native DSDT (and native SSDTs) is to extract it(them) from Linux.

I don't have a linux distro available now, so I'll try using MaciASL. However should be no issues if I'm going to patch direclty DSDT that is still running, correct?

I don't have a linux distro available now, so I'll try using MaciASL. However should be no issues if I'm going to patch direclty DSDT that is still running, correct?

Clover DSDT (so called) "Fixes" may have irreparably damaged the DSDT.

Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
Name (_UID, Zero)
Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IRQNoFlags ()
{2}
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
IRQNoFlags ()
{11}