Can anybody patch this DSDT for brightness control and fix errors ?

sistoelemento

34 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
If it still doesn't work then the SSDT probably needs modification in order to work right with ACPIBacklight.kext, or you're missing PNLF or _DOS methods or both. Take a look at Rehabman's laptop DSDT patch repository, it's stuffed to the brim with goodies.

My DSDT itself contain the brightness methods. But no patch from the rehab mans repository is working. Tried all.

I will upload all my dsdts and ssdts here.

I can't help you with the specifics as pertaining to your laptop, you're going to have to discover things for yourself, or look for others who are working with similar laptops.

I don't know if this is still the case but Sony VAIO laptops are known to be problematic IIRC because the display is hooked up in a different way than other laptops or something. I've never worked with one.

Look for users with other laptops with the same or same generation ATI graphics as yours and working brightness control. Maybe the brightness control code will be similar enough that you can use it.

There are many different ways to get brightness control working, but only one that will work with your hardware. Be careful not to mix too many different methods together (aka the carpet bombing method) - you might end up having something that you did actively blocking something else from working.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got my brightness working by acpibacklight kext and patching dsdt with one igpu device.

Hi, can you please share how were you able to do that? I'm trying to figuring it out on my VAIO FZ with Nvidia 8400M GT and Sierra 10.12.6 working nicely, apart from brightness, HDMI, sleep and some minor things..