Pre-release OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Wayang-NT

120 posts in this topic

You are having reboots "random"? Here always happens when the system is in "idle" or simply when I connect a USB stick or USB HDD, it's nothing restarts. Already rebooked the cache, noticed the permissions, I applied some commands to the nvram, it returns to normal, but spends time and again restart.

Many people who use a pc Apple are dissatisfied with the Yosemite. Graphic problems, bugs in the finder, finder does not store the custom size, flash player crashes in Safari and FireFox (Normal with Chrome since it has the plug built-in flash). I tried this last beta 10.10.2. Only visible improvement was the flash player in Safari and FireFox. In the rest of the same problems.
I returned to the Mavericks and this without any problem now running beautifully!
Only update when this improve the current system, or go to his successor.

Not only hackintoshers have loads of problems, also "real Macs". Just take a look at the App Store ratings, it is a very telling picture ... 10.10 might be the worst OS X release since ca. 10.1

Also think of just waiting for 10.11. But will it get better? Absolutely not sure, just hope Apple learns this lesson.

• Like 1

Well actually Yosemite has problems we know that but after all it's free and I keep on saying that for someone who must face Win for job reasons it's like watching Paradise from hell, even with its bugs.

If we are on hackintosh builds it should mean we like challenges, let's see what happens in the future. I like it btw and hope Apple will fix the issues soon.

You are having reboots "random"? Here always happens when the system is in "idle" or simply when I connect a USB stick or USB HDD, it's nothing restarts. Already rebooked the cache, noticed the permissions, I applied some commands to the nvram, it returns to normal, but spends time and again restart.

Many people who use a pc Apple are dissatisfied with the Yosemite. Graphic problems, bugs in the finder, finder does not store the custom size, flash player crashes in Safari and FireFox (Normal with Chrome since it has the plug built-in flash). I tried this last beta 10.10.2. Only visible improvement was the flash player in Safari and FireFox. In the rest of the same problems.
I returned to the Mavericks and this without any problem now running beautifully!
Only update when this improve the current system, or go to his successor.

If you are using Clover then try the slide=0 boot argument. I stopped my random instability that was like yours.

• Like 1

Well actually Yosemite has problems we know that but after all it's free

Yeah, but frankly I would rather pay $20 or even more if Apple would invest more in their QC and deliver a relatively bug free experience. Most of the problems are not hackintosh specific anyways and therefore no real extra challenge imho. Also do not forget that there are also people who do actual work with their machines!  I like tinkering with my hack (but not toooo much), but that does not pay my bills ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, but frankly I would rather pay $20 or even more if Apple would invest more in their QC and deliver a relatively bug free experience. Most of the problems are not hackintosh specific anyways and therefore no real extra challenge imho. Also do not forget that there are also people who do actual work with their machines!  I like tinkering with my hack (but not toooo much), but that does not pay my bills ;)

Yes you're right. I don't use my main HD to test and since I use my build to work at home (audio/video) I agree with you. I'm ready to pay for a good OS as I've being doing for many years buying Apple products till they changed from PPC to Intel. Then I entered the Hackintosh world and I must say I could save a lot of money and have great machines to work with. But every coin has two sides so also the hackintosh world has its price I mean we must always work on it. It's not for the everyday user by my point of view. Just an opinion of course. Ciao

• Like 1

But every coin has two sides so also the hackintosh world has its price I mean we must always work on it. It's not for the everyday user by my point of view. Just an opinion of course. Ciao

Of course you are right, but in this case _everyone_ has to pay the price, also real Mac owners, those who have no WiFi, graphical glitches, malfunctioning software, all kind of lags and whatnot. This is not anything specific to hackintoshes, and it makes me worry to see Apples' QC going down the drain, bc OS X is still the best OS imho, and the main reason I am still on the platform. And to make things worse: this bad QC also applies to iOS! As I do web development also for mobile devices I can't tell you how many times I sweared at Apple and the funky things they do to mobile Safari. They really need to get their act together and do more thorough testing of their software. Let's just hope they learn their lesson, so that we can concentrate on more hackintosh specific topics ;)

Ah and btw: do you really like Apple locking down the System more and more? (say: "kext-dev-mode"). I mean OK if you are here for the challenge only, but I think we have enough of these already. So if somebody is bored, I'll give him some to chew on ;)

• Like 1

I got it frankiee, yep and no I don't like their locking down the System. I'm maybe very fond of the Apple brand so I tend to forgive some mistakes (I don't know many of them). This is not correct I know and probably I was not thinking about the real Mac owners so much. I hope the Apple guys will work better so you'll not swear so much (I did it many times building my hackintosh machines) and Mac customers will not feel betrayed (it happened with the Performa series).