Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

fantomas1

its not what you think it is lolz. What i meant is

Nvidia Web Driver for Yosemite has NVDAStartup.kext

Nvidia Web Driver for El Capitan has NVDAStartupWeb.kext

Understood? :D

No ones talking about Elcapitan. i only commented about NVDAStartupWeb.kext that can only be found on the above i mentioned

• Like 2

fantomas1

its not what you think it is lolz. What i meant is

Nvidia Web Driver for Yosemite has NVDAStartup.kext

Nvidia Web Driver for El Capitan has NVDAStartupWeb.kext

Understood? :D

No ones talking about Elcapitan. i only commented about NVDAStartupWeb.kext that can only be found on the above i mentioned

You're right I remain perplexed :blush:

post-1181448-0-98091300-1445594792_thumb.png

But my question above remains. I'm not sure if that had happened to NVDAStartup.kext before, that it's not loaded due to invalid signature, even with kext-dev-mode=1 (which should eliminate such...) or has the latest security update landed some stuff on Yosemite like CSR?

...hi, just to add to the confusion...i'm running the web drivers for my fermi 550 ti... and also can confirm no NVDAStartupWeb in extensions 

post-11772-0-89161100-1445602809_thumb.png

...from boot log: 2015-10-23 4:00:15.000 AM kernel[0]: NVDAStartup: Web

Sorry to ask but does your card actually works ? Correct vram, speed, UI etc.

I mean, it's normal that the system complains about invalid signature since you modified the original kext. Booting with kext-dev-mode=1 bypass this "problem" and it's OK to have such message in system report.

The only important question is does your card work or not ?

Sorry to ask but does your card actually works ? Correct vram, speed, UI etc.

I mean, it's normal that the system complains about invalid signature since you modified the original kext. Booting with kext-dev-mode=1 bypass this "problem" and it's OK to have such message in system report.

The only important question is does your card work or not ?

Yeah, it works (I'm on mac mini...) But the system report says it's not loaded - that's what sounds weird to me.

Wait wait wait… Are you on a Hackintosh or a Mac ? You should really put your specs in sig so we can know what we're talking about :P.

If you're on a Mac, this is a different story…

BTW, what do you mean by "system report says it's not loaded" ? What System report ? System Profiler ?

Muah, I've yet to get to the signature -part, only today I added profile picture :D And yes, I'm on a real mac, and webdriver solved my Mini's overheating GPU trouble... Latest version installed via InsanelyMac's Updater app without a hitch :)

EDIT: Sig added, and just checked out System Report (no more SystemProfiler... it's accessed via "About this Mac") and WTF has happened? Still not loaded, but maybe it gets unloaded after it's done it's job... But now it's properly signed?

post-1514600-0-35615200-1445632627_thumb.png