Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition (7520)

TheNavigator

104 posts in this topic

No idea. I'm not loading a custom kext. I remember that it worked natively in Mavericks.

I tried removing SSDT and DSDT files to make sure they're not interfering, but that didn't work.

On the other hand, the only workaround to make internet work was to connect to my Android phone using Bluetooth and then enable Bluetooth tethering. The phone didn't even detect that the USB is connected when Yosemite was booted.

On the other hand, I'm at DP4 right now.

But... but... it worked with Mavericks! ._. I guess it was because in the end it was a Niresh distro...

Anyway, did an lspci on Linux, "07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 07)"

But... but... it worked with Mavericks! ._. I guess it was because in the end it was a Niresh distro...

Anyway, did an lspci on Linux, "07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 07)"

oh, mate... you must do your homework. this gigabit ethernet is one kext away from working. as artur posted above.

LOL, Kext is installed. Ethernet's there in the services (didn't actually test the connection yet) but still the dongle doesn't work, and the Android phone doesn't detect the connection as USB (so I can't enable USB tethering).

Touchpad still doesn't work, however, I noticed that when I rebuild cache it says that it has invalid signature.

And I'm still at DP4.

Oh, okay, I'll try that.

And that ethernet kext worked. I could login to the App Store successfully, however, I had to do that "remove all services and delete the networkpan file from Library/whatever" thing.

I'm going to update the guide soon accordingly.

Touchpad worked when I booted with kext-dev-mode=1, so I added it to the boot list's kernel flags. Dongle still doesn't work.

I could redeem the full installer of DP7 so I'm downloading that right now, and I'm going to update my current installation to DP6 (if I could) in some time. I'm currently at DP4, backed up already.

It seems like this one is the closest to my laptop, https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/4fae63254fddc36946159272d55b775c8c18a745/battery/battery_Dell-Vostro-15xx.txt

Will try it later and report.

Part of the problem for people trying to help you is that instead of a signature with hardware details, you have a useless quote.

• Like 1

Part of the problem for people trying to help you is that instead of a signature with hardware details, you have a useless quote.

It's not "useless" >:C

But okay I changed it.

Since you check on this topic, thanks a lot for all your... stuff... you know...

It's not "useless" >:C

But okay I changed it.

Since you check on this topic, thanks a lot for all your... stuff... you know...

Try to find a battery patch that seems to result in the most changes... That will usually be a good/close match. Then see if you can compile without errors after applying the patch (make sure you can compile without errors before the patch).