• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

kuzmuk

kuzmuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I experience "Fatal interrupt. Reseting chip. ISR=0x200" and "Fatal interrupt. Reseting chip. ISR=0x4200" a few times per day. Network card stops working and requires reboot to be able connect again.

I was unable to google any solution for this issue. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Driver downloaded from this url: http://www.insanelym...se2200ethernet/, debug version, 2.2.0.
OS Sierra, 10.12.1.
Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H (rev. 1.1, Atheros AR8161)
EEE disabled
BIOS settings seems to be correct but maybe I missed something?

Today I had 2 such network driver issues. I was streaming movie via samba to tv box and 2 times connection was dropped.

Log file attached.

Attached Files

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,160 posts
  • Interests:Cats

I experience "Fatal interrupt. Reseting chip. ISR=0x200" and "Fatal interrupt. Reseting chip. ISR=0x4200" a few times per day. Network card stops working and requires reboot to be able connect again.

I was unable to google any solution for this issue. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Driver downloaded from this url: http://www.insanelym...se2200ethernet/, debug version, 2.2.0.
OS Sierra, 10.12.1.
Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H (rev. 1.1, Atheros AR8161)
EEE disabled
BIOS settings seems to be correct but maybe I missed something?

Today I had 2 such network driver issues. I was streaming movie via samba to tv box and 2 times connection was dropped.

Log file attached.

I've checked your log file but I neither have any idea what happened nor am I able to reproduce the issue. I have two machines with Atheros NICs working 100% stable, one of them is my primary development system, the other one a server with 24/7 uptime but I remember user coolspot18 reported the same issue more than a year ago. Interestingly the issue disappeared after some time and reappeared 6 month later although I haven't changed the driver in between. Apart form that, it seems to be a rare issue as you two are the only users which seem to be affected. That's why I think that the cause is located somewhere else in your system, maybe a BIOS related problem.

Mieze

Carbonimax

Carbonimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hey,

I have the same problem with the same log errors on a GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 with Killer E2200 (EEE disable) on 10.11.x and 10.12.x.

I have to reboot regularly to get Ethernet working.

Kuzmuk, did you find the solution ?

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,160 posts

Hey,

I have the same problem with the same log errors on a GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 with Killer E2200 (EEE disable) on 10.11.x and 10.12.x.

I have to reboot regularly to get Ethernet working.

In case you are dual booting Windows and OS X on your machine you might want to shut down the computer and wait a few minutes before you boot again when switching from Windows to OS X. As I have no datasheet, I can't rule out that there are some settings made by the Windows driver which survive a warm boot and cause the trouble under OS X.

Mieze

Scimiazzurro

Scimiazzurro

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hi, is possible to install/inject this kext via Clover? If yes, how to do it? (Is sufficient to insert them in the kext folder of EFI partition?)

Kestrel.Bright

Kestrel.Bright

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

so weird, the ethernet card down today.

Attached File  QQ图片20170207151512.png   44.55KB   2 downloads

Attached File  QQ图片20170207151504.png   952.58KB   1 downloads

Attached File  ioreg.zip   630.55KB   1 downloads

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,160 posts

After updating the source code on GitHub a few days ago, I also updated prebuilt binary in the download section to version 2.2.1, which is optimized for Sierra and also supports polled receive mode.

Mieze  :cat:

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,315 posts
Hi ! 
I inserted this function "pciDevice->setASPMState" in IOPCIFamily.kext for Maverick 10.9.5 ! 
Now and compiled and works driver AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext , version 2.2.1 with this my IOPCIFamily.kext on Maverick 10.9.5 !!!  :thumbsup_anim:
In archive added driver IOPCIFamily.kext ! 
Try ! ))) 

Attached Files

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Developers
  • 1,160 posts

I'm currently building a new development system with a Killer NIC and already bought an Asrock Z170 Gaming K4. Unfortunately with this board the system won't wakeup from sleep, although I spent the last 10 days trying to fix this issue but all my efforts have been in vain and I can't afford to waste more time. As proper sleep/wake support is crucial for me, I decided to give up on the Asrock board and get another one from a different manufacturer.

Now I'm looking for a socket 1151 board which should meet the following requirements:

• Killer NIC
  • Proper wakeup from sleep with Sierra
  • Not too expensive.

Is there anybody out there who could recommend me a mainboard which meets these requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Mieze  :cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy