OSX 10.10 Dell Latitude E6400

krzysztofc10

80 posts in this topic

Hi, I can share my files for you, but I need to know your e6400 parameters like a CPU, RAM, Graphic card, screen resolution.

Then I will send you needed files and correct config.plist for you machine :)

Hi, thanks for sharing your files. CPU: 2.40 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo P8600. RAM: 4GB. GPU: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M 256MB onboard chip. Original Screen Resolution: 1440x900. (I can't really use this display, doesn't work, so I use a 1920x1200 display instead. Again thank you for your help.?

Broadcom 4312 just requires simple id injection in the IO80211 kext. Or look for BCM43xxxFamily kexts on the web, they cover for that card. They may be available for download here on IM too.

Hi, Hervé thanks for your help. Can you please send me a link, if you have one? Thanks in advance. ?

Hi, try these files, but if you are e6400, try change SMBIOS to MacBookPro 5,2.

And also try this kext IO80211Family for your Wifi card. Put it to S/L/E folder.

You legend! Thanks mate. I'll definitely try these tomorrow afternoon after Hell. Thanks heaps! ?

You legend! Thanks mate. I'll definitely try these tomorrow afternoon after Hell. Thanks heaps! ?

Sorry I meant school

So I went and tried your files and the IO80211Family kext.

PROBLEMS:

Sound isn't working ( not sure why, has kext in /E/C/K)

Bluetooth isn't working (just says not avaliable)

Wifi not working, obvious

Just asking Hervé, where do I put the Broadcom43xxFamily.kext file? I put it in E/C/K, maybe it should go in S/L/E?

Thanks for helping me out guys..

Hi, I decided to go back on Maverick, because Yosemite is running on my e6500 very poor. The animation are very lagging and freezing, movies via safari go very bad, and overall is Yosemite slower. So my head OS is Maverick, but Yosemite I had installed on 2nd HDD in modular bay, so I will wait to update and hope it will be better.

Hervé, I really don't know, what I did wrong with my e6500 and yosemite, but after some days working in yosemite, I had very lagging OS X system. Everything works, CPU speedstep, GPU, Sound, Wifi, Sleep, Shutdown, but that wasn't OSX as we know. I must go back to Maverick. It's working great and fluently, yosemite doesn't.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. I'm trying to update my hackintosh e6400 from Mavericks to Yosemite. I'm finding all the links on this thread are dead. Any way someone can send/re-post the files for the e6400?? I'd really appreciate it! Here are the specs for my computer:

-4 Gz DDR2 @800Mhz

-Intel Core2 Duo 2.53 Ghz

-NVidia Quadro NVS 160M 256MB Cache

-1440 x 900

-Broadcom 43xxx? 

Hi all I just recently acquired E6500 with Nvidia 160M and CPU is a T9550 C2D.  I would like to convert it from a Linux machine to a Hackintosh laptop.  

Since IM went down not all attachments are downloadable from this post any chance you guys can up them again?  Also how do I find my motherboard ID?

I have install media already just need to collect a set of kext that work with the E6500

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have OS X 10.10 'Yosemite' working quite well on my Dell Latitude e6400 with almost the exact same specs as you accept my CPU: 3.06 GHz and RAM Memory: 8 GB.    I skipped creating an installer and instead removed my Latitudes HD, placed it in an external firewire enclosure and hooked it up to a real Mac Book Pro.   Instead of formatting to MBR, I formatted the entire hard drive in GUID & Mac Extended Journaled.   Once the install was complete, I then installed Clover in "Legacy Mode" where you reformat the invisible Apple EFI partition to Fat32 and install Clover in the ESP while making all the appropriate selections (as pictured).

Initially, the only kext files I used in getting Yosemite to boot were the ethernet kext, the new slice/netkas FakeSMC.kext and NullPowerManagemnet.kext.   My EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder now contains only those * as pictured * as I have since found the NullPowerManagement.kext is not needed.    As I first mentioned, I was happy to discover that OS X 10.10 runs rather well on my E6400 with several notable exceptions.   As my Intel WiFi does not even work in Mavericks, I had been using a USB wireless adapter with a Ralink driver installed however that driver is not working in Yosemite so I am using an ethernet connection for internet.  VoodooHDA 2.8.5 provides sound but it is very lack luster (alot of crackling and of poor quality) so I have instead hooked up a USB Audio Interface for audio.   VoodooBattery is also quite sporadic but it's the best I have been able to find as the patched AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext does not work for me in Mavericks either.

Aside from that and for such an early release, I am actually surprised how smooth and stable Yosemite operates.  It took a bit of effort though I was even able to get both iMessages and FaceTime to work as well !   I am generally quite satisfied that my Latitude e6400 continues to be compatible with Apple's latest OS X releases and I am looking forward to seeing it run Yosemite once further improvements/developments and updates are made.

hi.

i know this is an old post but do you have the video kext for this machine? ive been trying for a week to get the video working but i dont know what to do :(

• 1 month later...

found during setup sleep works .. wake lost USB.. so i checked dsdt in _GPE i put Return (Zero) in all the items and  now usb returns with wake.. using clover with wern apfel files of post 30.

but seems i get stuck at 13 minutes left for a long time.. no hdd activity .. been 30 mins. but usb blinking.

Hi guys managed it on my E6400 but with cameleon instead of clover as I am not very familar with

It was showing correct cpu values until I updated to 10.10.2 and now it doesnt

Sleep works native but speed step in not working very well from low value always jumps to highest

I am using coolbook and also tried pstate but result is the same

It runs very nice indeed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I decided finally to move from chameleon to clover mainly to fix fix iMessage on my E6400 

I have managed to do that but with clover when I play videos on you tube the sound is not sincronised with the video......

I am running 10.10.5 

Any one having same issue as me??????

A little update if I use config file from howoarang from latitude forum which is for e6500 it works but then although I change values for cpu it does not show proper ones???

So a bit stuck at the moment.......

I attach both clover config files..

config.plistmine.zip

config.pliste6500.zip