• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hello everyone, I am using latest Clover on Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI with Core i7-4790K and HD4600 graphics [8086:0412] desktop. Clover auto-sets this haxie as iMac14,1.

Originally I've set into Clover ig-platform-id=0d220003 which worked on Mavericks 10.9.5 as a test installation. For some reason, this also works on official 10.10.0 release. No other patches needed at all, just this injection.

Hi,

I have been using ig-platformid= 0x0a260006 on a GA-Z97M for a while still have  QE/CI on 10.10.1. (Proc. i4790k).

Try it.

Rgds

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Hi,
I have been using ig-platformid= 0x0a260006 on a GA-Z97M for a while still have  QE/CI on 10.10.1. (Proc. i4790k).

Try it.
Rgds

Hi mate, many thanks for your input. Unfortunately, on my GA-Z87N-WIFI with Core i7-4790K, your injected value of 0x0a260006 does not work for me.

On my new Mavericks 10.9.5 install, the monitor would constantly go to sleep and wake up, and seems can't even enter Desktop via Remote Connection! Something never completed loading...

On Yosemite 10.10.1, I do get into the Desktop, but the artifacts and issues faced are extremely bad. Anti-aliasing is bad, artifacts and the rest!

After trial-and-error I managed to get it working and stable, with value 0x0c260000 amazingly enough. No other patches or DSDT fixes, just this injection in Clover.

I must note that I am using the second port on my monitor which is HDMI as the DVI is taken already. What port were you using? Perhaps DVI doesn't have such issues on your value? I have no idea...

Can anyone shed some more light on these different values, please? Why would one work on Z97 board and not on a Z87 for example, with same CPU model?

Thanks again!

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I must note that I am using the second port on my monitor which is HDMI as the DVI is taken already. What port were you using? Perhaps DVI doesn't have such issues on your value? I have no idea...

Can anyone shed some more light on these different values, please? Why would one work on Z97 board and not on a Z87 for example, with same CPU model?

Thanks again!

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. The answer is that I was using HDMi output to HDMi input on Monitor. Hope that helps. 

I must say that it has not been behaving perfectly. I get some line at top of the screen sometimes. Other times, it hangs on boot just prior to loading the Graphics.

Good luck.

P.S. Have tried to increase your IGPX ram to 128MB in the BIOS ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy