Mavericks ralink usb RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X

dsalsa

6 posts in this topic

Finally got Maverics 10.9 installed and running on my computer but unfortunately there is quite a few things not working and I can't seem to get them working so i need your help. I installed "Mavericks ralink usb RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X" for my wifi adapter but it didn't work. The ralink usb drivers in Snow Leopard worked perfectly and flawlessly, in fact it's what i'm using right now. Any tips or help on this would be greatly appreciated. My audio doesn't work neither I read the "VoodooHda alc XXX" was the driver for my audio realteck alc 888s but when I tried installing the Voodoo driver for it it doesn't work, actually the installation failed even though the volumes controls ungreyed allowing me to change the volume and stuff but there is no audio coming out of it.  Again any help very much appreciated

Just to let you know the wifi is the more pressing thing the audio can wait but without the wifi I will be forced to abandon Mavericksth

Oh by the way my usb isn't working either but it does recognize my keyboard, mouse, and joystick

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz AM3 Mobo: MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 | Memory: 3Gb | Graphic: GeForce 9500 GT  | HDD: 320GB, 10GB  | OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 /  OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on  VMWare / OS X Maveriks 10.9

If you look at my title I tried that (RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29.dmg) and it didn't work.

Just in case I'll mention I have to use the following flags in order to get my Mavericks to boot:

-v USBLegacyoff=Yes npci=0x2000 -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes

• 3 weeks later...

I have a "Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter" I tried using "Mavericks ralink usb RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X" but it didn't work.

If there is no driver for my wifi adapter what wifi adapter you recommend I buy that would work flawlessly on my Mavericks.

Thanks in advance.

I also have USB Wifi Adapter - http://www.airlink101.com/products/awll6075.php. I wrote to support from airlink and they said that the drivers will release in a few days (that was 4 months ago :/). So I bought this machine http://www.tenda.cn/tendacn/Product/show.aspx?productid=408 and it is amazing. I am on LAN right now which is connected to Tenda (Tenda works as a repeater for my wifi). This is very cheap, useful and powerful :) You can try it ;)

iMessage = works

AppStore = works

iTunes = works

Maps = works

iCloud = works

Why it is better? Becuase you don't have a guarantee that the USB Adapters will work with future releases of OSX ;)

Edited by tragediana150

Mavericks is not detecting my network card. Do I need to get a kext for it?

It does detect the 802.11g - 54 Mbps BELKIN Wireless G USB Network Adapter, but not in the networking settings only in the system profiler

UPDATE: Installed driver for my network card plugged in the ethernet card and it works