No SATA mode AHCI

dsalsa

43 posts in this topic

Hi 

Thanks for the quick response.I have a hack with AMD (amd_kernel).

My problems is every time I boot from it using the flags amd_kernel  -v  USBLegacyoff=Yes which were the flags I was told to use from a video I keep getting "still waiting for root device ".

I just think I should mention I use to get that same message (still waiting for root device) about a year ago which I gave up trying to install Snow Leopard on my AMD. I finally found last week a solution. I booted from a MODBIN CD then switched to my Snow Leopard CD and that worked very well.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz AM3 Mobo: MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 | Memory: 3Gb | Graphic: GeForce 9500 GT  | HDD: 320GB, 10GB  | OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 (keyboard and mouse not working after updated from 10.6.3) / OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on  VMWare

If you are trying to get snow leopard on your specs just try to use Nawcom mod CD to first boot, then you can boot from USB Installer or DVD Installer. Should work. I was working on Snow Leopard about 3years on AMD till now. Now I've got Mavericks on IDE mode on my PC and it's working perfectly with the latest v6_kernel from Sinetek.

***Nawcom Mod CD should boot with every version of Snow Leopard, but just in case you can make 10.6.3 Installer first to try, then you can combo update to 10.6.8.

Good Luck :)

I'm not trying to get Snow Leopard, I gave up trying about  a year ago. kept getting "still waiting for root device". Then last week after failing to get Mavericks I decide to try Snow Leopard with MOD CD and it worked. It was 10.6.3 Used the combo update to 10.6.7 and now my keyboard and mouse don't work. I think it's a USB issue though my keyboard light lights up and if I plug in a memory stick it lights up but it doesn't appear on the desktop, so theres power on the USB but no data seems to be transmitted.

Haven said all that I don't want Snow Leopard I want Mavericks.

I'm not trying to get Snow Leopard, I gave up trying about  a year ago. kept getting "still waiting for root device". Then last week after failing to get Mavericks I decide to try Snow Leopard with MOD CD and it worked. It was 10.6.3 Used the combo update to 10.6.7 and now my keyboard and mouse don't work. I think it's a USB issue though my keyboard light lights up and if I plug in a memory stick it lights up but it doesn't appear on the desktop, so theres power on the USB but no data seems to be transmitted.

Haven said all that I don't want Snow Leopard I want Mavericks.

Your USB keyboard and mouse didn't worked because you should to enable USB Keyboard and Mouse Support on your Motherboard. Or replace the kexts from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7/8. It doesn't matter right now.

Like 0sx324 said - you need to make bootable Installer from your Snow Leopard using myHack.app. Then paste the v6_kernel by Sinetek to your USB - https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/releases.

Then you can use this Extension/Extra folder - http://www.4shared.com/get/o-n5Z_qa/Extra.html - it contains AppleNForceATA 64bit and every kext you need  to have to start your Mavericks.

Try to boot with the name of kernel first (example: v6_kernel or mach_kernel) and then another flags.

In my case the flags are - npci=0x2000 / npci=0x3000 -v and nothing more.

You can try GraphicsEnabler=Yes, -f, -x if you can't get it.

Followed your instructions but unfortunately it still didn't work.  It did go a little farther than it did with just adding AppleNforceATA.kext. This time the first time I tried just with the -v flag it started booting looked like it was going to work but then the computer just shut off, the computer didn't go off the monitor did, it went blank and then the light on it changed to amber which meant it had gone to sleep (it was getting no data from the computer). The computer was still running though. then I tried with npci=0X2000, 3000, -X, -F separately but now I'm getting "still waiting for root device" I actually tried the -v again on it's own and got the same "still waiting for root device". One thing I want to mention it seemed to me that every time before it came up with that message my hard drive at least one of them the IDE one I think would shut down.

That "still waiting for root device" is the message I used to get over and over again when I was trying to install Snow Leopard on my machine. About a year ago I finally gave up

I tried using GE=Yes no change besides my screen only went off the first time I tried with just -v, tried with just -v again screen doesn't go off any more.. Tried removing my IDE drive tried changing in my bios from IDE to RAID, they all end up with the same response "AppleNForceATA:  found 0 units" followed by "Still waiting for root device"

I'm about fed up with this thing and thinking about giving up again

How did you connect the hard drive?

1. Connect your drive to IDE cable and try to boot. (disconnect all other driver just in case)

2. Connect your drive to SATA cable and try again

3. Connect your drive by USB Adapter (if you've got one)

4. Try using another disk on USB and try to boot Mavericks on him.

Post results :) Don't give up - there is a lot of people who wants to help you. When you give up, they won't do this ;)

Tried connecting my IDE drive (disconnecting all other drives) same result "Still waiting for root device"

Tried an external USB drive (disconnecting all other drives) same result "Still waiting for root device"

Tried using another USB drive (disconnecting all other drives) same result "Still waiting for root device"

I wanted to mention something I've noticed on all these failed tries I've noticed one of the messages on the screen is

"AppleNForceATA:  warning:  phy connection failed.  status=0x00000000"

"AppleNForceATA:  found 0 units"

Sometimes it appears once sometimes twice and sometimes three times. I think it's not able to connect to my drives for some reason.

a little search an you have

Chipset

NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025

try search info to your chipset here in this topic, is to 10.8, but can solve your problem , the kexts from 10.8 work in 10.9 too

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=281665&hl=&fromsearch=1

try kext nforce from here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=131030

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293219-nforce-os-x-mavericks-109-app-store-download-install-guide-on-a-series-6-or-7-nforce-chipset-intel-cpu-mobo/?hl=%20nforce

"AppleNForceATA:  warning:  phy connection failed.  status=0x00000000"

"AppleNForceATA:  found 0 units"

I've got this on Snow Leopard, Lion and Mavericks so it isn't the problem of "Still waiting...".

There is always this message on my boot :)

I can download it for you and send you on dropbox or sendspace dude :) Just wait for the end of the new year's party :D

EDIT: Here, try download it from this server :) Happy New Year :)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/IwlRCOrh/verdant_Mavericks_Support_File.html

Edited by tragediana150

Hey I can get my keyboard and mouse to work on Snow Leopard if I boot from the MOD CD. It's also seeing my joystick but it's not seeing my USB wifi adapter or any memory sticks I plug in to the USB. Oh by the way neither is it seeing CD's neither

Got it.  Am I suppose to replace all the kext?

Nope. Only the kext you need to replace for your specification. Just google it which kext is written to your motherboard, chipset etc.

Hey I can get my keyboard and mouse to work on Snow Leopard if I boot from the MOD CD. It's also seeing my joystick but it's not seeing my USB wifi adapter or any memory sticks I plug in to the USB. Oh by the way neither is it seeing CD's neither

It's no matter how you boot to the main hard drive with Snow Leopard. If you get properly kexts in your System/Library/Extensions, you will got the keyboard and mouse working. You can use every bootloader you want, every bootcd you want, becuase Chameleon firt load the kexts from folder Extra/Extensions, then the S/L/E from your hard drive.

P.S. To your USB Adapter you need to have special drivers or kexts to enable the device. Apple didn't use any wifi adapter with the desktop products so there is no kext for it in the main OS system. Check your wifi adapter (mark, version, drivers on official site and modyfied kexts on hackintosh websites).

Ok I've got good news and i've got bad news.  I finally got my installer to work. It was not kext needed it was boot flags. The boot flags you need are -v USBLegacyOff=Yes npci=0x2000 -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes.  That's it.

I'm sure you're asking yourself if it worked, then what is the bad new. Well after it said successfully loaded and I clicked on the reboot it didn't reboot it just shut off the screen that is. Then I said no biggie, I reboot my computer selected the drive and had installed 10.9 and it just rebooted. I tried using the same flags I use to get the installer to boot same thing it just rebooted. Then I rebooted from the installer ran permissions found some erros repaired them start to boot again same thing rebooted tried the same flags I used to get the installer to boot plus -x and it did the same thing.

I'll mention when MyHack asked about the kext to install I said standard and deleted the kext is recommended I delete. I was surprised that this installer didn't have a customize option.

I noticed after I booted from the installer MyHack has some utilities. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I am assuming my problem now is some kext that are giving me problems. The thing is that it hardly installs anything before it reboots.

Should I mark this as solved and go to the Post Install?

Thanks to everyone who helped and please don't stop now I still don't have Mavericks running on my machine

MyHack.app add one kext without your permission (I just found it because I am installing now the Mavericks) - lspci.kext. Ofcourse if you using your Extra folder there is only one kext from myhack. But if you click the option "Use Generic Extra folder" - you've got the every kexts different. So you need to check what is in your Extra folder, delete the "not=yours" kexts and try to boot.

Don't create another topic, I think it's good to everybody to see every problem here :)

I'm wondering if you mispelled the kext you're talking about because the closest thing I have that resemblers yours in my Extra folder is "lspcidrv.kext"

The other kext I have in my extra folder are as follows:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

FakeSMC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext