[guide] Mavericks 10.9 on AMD APU (partially working...at the moment)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

super_engine

super_engine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hi to all Few weeks ago i bought a HP All In One 20", 1600x900. The main configuration is: - AMD APU E1-1500 (dual core) - ATI Radeon HD 7310 on board (shared memory) - 4 GB DDR3 - Install on a USB Disk A nice All io One PC with a cheap price. About 440 € The pc have pre-installed windown 8.0 I'm a old hackintosh man. So I've started to "transform" thi AiO in a iMAC So, begin the guide. - In windows go on Niresh website and follow the instructions to download Mavericks 10.9 for Intel e AMD PCs - In Windows use Transmac (can restore .dmg files on DVDs or USB sticks) and restore the downloaded .dmg on a USB stick (minimum 8 GB) - In the bios, you must setup "NO" for locked/protect boot (you must allow unlocked/unprotect boot) and "Yes" for the use of the legacy supports (like USB that must be of "legacy type") - Now restart the PC and select USB stick to boot. On th boot choose F8 to enter the option of the following point - PAY ATTENTION. You MUST select this options "amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No" (fundamental is amd64, a script for 64 bit AMD CPUs, and GraphicsEnabler=No) If you have some problems on USB you can also use the option USBBusFix=Yes - Follow the installation instructions. Use DiskUtility to select the HD where you want install Mavericks. If you select a connected USB drive you must use MBR partition (on USB, the GUID do not works. This on my PC) - On the windows in which you can select the drive where install do not change the configuration "Customize button" proposed by Niresh DVD - Finished the installation reboot the PC, select the drive where you have installed Mavericks. - On chameleon windows you MUST use this options "-amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No" Now, after the configuration you have a working 10.9 system on a AMD based PC. The last important operations are to fix the various kext that don't work (Audio, Wifi/Network, Video/GPU). Normally the most complex job is for Video/GPU. Now I'm fighting with my ATI Radeon HD 7310. USB and Audio, with standard Niresh installation, work out of box Good Luck

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

no torrents please...

super_engine

super_engine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
OK. Sorry.

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Hi to all

Few weeks ago i bought a HP All In One 20", 1600x900. The main configuration is:

- AMD APU E1-1500 (dual core)

- ATI Radeon HD 7310 on board (shared memory)

- 4 GB DDR3

- Install on a USB Disk

A nice All io One PC with a cheap price. About 440 €

The pc have pre-installed windown 8.0

I'm a old hackintosh man. So I've started to "transform" thi AiO in a iMAC

So, begin the guide.

- In windows go on Niresh website and download the torrent for Mavericks 10.9 for Intel e AMD PCs

- Using utorrent (or another client) download the .dmg file (size 5.3 GB more o less)

- From "anywhere" download and install Transmac (can restore .dmg files on DVDs or USB sticks)

- Using Transmac, restore the downloaded .dmg on a USB stick (minimum 8 GB)

- In the bios, you must setup "NO" for locked/protect boot (you must allow unlocked/unprotect boot) and "Yes" for the use of the legacy supports (like USB that must be of "legacy type")

- Now restart the PC and select USB stick to boot. On th boot choose F8 to enter the option of the following point

- PAY ATTENTION. You MUST select this options "amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No" (fundamental is amd64, a script for 64 bit AMD CPUs, and GraphicsEnabler=No) If you have some problems on USB you can also use the option USBBusFix=Yes

- Follow the installation instructions. Use DiskUtility to select the HD where you want install Mavericks. If you select a connected USB drive you must use MBR partition (on USB, the GUID do not works. This on my PC)

- On the windows in which you can select the drive where install do not change the configuration "Customize button" proposed by Niresh DVD

- Finished the installation reboot the PC, select the drive where you have installed Mavericks.

- On chameleon windows you MUST use this options "-amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No"

Now, after the configuration you have a working 10.9 system on a AMD based PC.

The last important operations are to fix the various kext that don't work (Audio, Wifi/Network, Video/GPU). Normally the most complex job is for Video/GPU. Now I'm fighting with my ATI Radeon HD 7310.

USB and Audio, with standard Niresh installation, work out of box

Good Luck

delete all torrent_shi_t that interests no one. you make yourself unpopular. you write that you are a mature man, so

to your problem with:
SOUND + WIFI + Ethernet + GPU

first install SystemInfo on your main operating system, then launch the SystemInfo app tool,

then you make the evaluation as a picture and upload the picture,

then we can help you or post your question here  http://www.insanelym...nel-irc/page-93

SystemInfo app tool

http://www.osx86.net...43-system-info/

Edited by spakk, 24 December 2013 - 08:42 PM.

super_engine

super_engine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Modified first topic. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy