Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

I have a problem with my 8139, and I read here in this topic someone installed the DaemonES driver and had success.

My problem is that each time I open Network config from preferences pane, a new Built-in Ethernet port is detected. Also, each port configuration change I make, one or more new port is added and the change I made is then immediatly by-passed.

I don't know if this driver solve my problem, but I hope so.

Then, please somone can post the proc to correctly install the new driver starting from a system with still the original kext for a 8139 NIC?

ThanX!

Mine still doesn't work. I have, what looks like an onboard Realtek 8139. It is integrated onto my ATIIXP motherboard. I can't get it working at all.

I've loaded the drivers but unfortunately they haven't helped, OS X still doesn't see the thernet card.

Any ideas?

Hi!

I've tried installing your driver on 10.4.7 but I could not make it work correctly.

My NIC is a Realtek 8101L, built onboard in a Intel D102GGC2 MoBo.

I could make this adapter work with older distros (Myzaar 10.4.5, detected as Realtek 8139) but with JaS 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 it's not working. The .kext is loaded but in the Networking Preferences panel the built-in adapter appears as disabled (greyed out).

Now, I was trying to make it work in JaS 10.4.6. First of all, the default driver was loaded. So, what I did is delete the AppleRealtek8139.kext from the Extensions folder and then overwrite IONetworkingFamily.kext with a copy of it with the RTL8139 extension deleted. Then, I could make your extension load into memory (it appears on the System Profiler) but still under Networking my built-in adapter is disabled.

Is there any way of debugging or something, so as to know what went wrong?

Thanks for your time,

Okay, I installed the installer, all went fine it seems. It the networksingsettings of the system profiler, I do see the mac-address, so OSX 'knows' the card is there. It doesnt connect though. Apparently, DHCP doesnt get a reply or something. It is working when I boot a linux live cd, so the card/network is fine. Is there any stuff/commands I need to do to get you better info?

Im using the new 10.4.8 DVD by JaS though, is that a problem?

Hey, so my nic is not actually a 8101 but a 8139? I set the linkspeed to 100mbits full duplex manually, but I still dont get an IP. When I click 'renew DHCP lease', it just waits like 2 seconds and then continues without an IP, shows no error or anything.

Is there a way to get this nic to work? :D

Edit: it seems to be a 10.4.8 specific problem. I think a kext is missing. Ill do some more experimenting :gun:

Hey, so my nic is not actually a 8101 but a 8139? I set the linkspeed to 100mbits full duplex manually, but I still dont get an IP. When I click 'renew DHCP lease', it just waits like 2 seconds and then continues without an IP, shows no error or anything.

Is there a way to get this nic to work? :o

Edit: it seems to be a 10.4.8 specific problem. I think a kext is missing. Ill do some more experimenting :sorcerer:

I try this driver on 10.4.8 and don't work for me also, network card show in pref panel but that's all

Hi folks,

I got basicly the same problem with my realtek 8139 ... In 10.4.6 it worked fine and in 10.4.8 no connection

After installing the RealtekR1000_1.02 the NIC is shown by OSX but it permanently says "no network cable" I can even configure it manually, but nothing works. The NIC is shown as BSD-name: en0

The JaS OSX 10.4.8 runs much more stable than the versions before. Even the DVD player, USB Ports, Printer and FX62000 I finally got to work now. Only the damn network drives me crazy. Anybody an idea?

Thanks in advance

Finally I got my Realtek 8139 onboard LAN to work.

The probelm was because of the broken 10.4.8.iso. But I did not want to wait for the new release.

What I did was copying the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext from my old 10.4.6 to the 10.4.8

Then adding a few lines into terminal and that was it.

I had almost given up. So people with Realtek 8139 DON'T give up. There is a way to fix it.

Cheers