Bluetooth on Hackintosh

121 posts in this topic

I have the following bluetooth devices working very nicely :

D-Link DBT-120 version b3

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (Cheap in UK from Marks n Spencers!)

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000

Nokia N91 Phone (Syncs Contacts/Calender/To-do list etc.)

and check this out -

Nintendo Wiimote Remote Control with wireless sensor bar and

Remote Buddy software (Great for iTunes and other shortcuts. Just about possible to use as a mouse once properly calibrated but not as accurate as the Microsoft mouse...)

I typed this message into the Apple keyboard from 10 feet away looking at my wall-mounted widescreen telly.

Oh for Skype I use a Labtec Quickcam Pro (USB webcam with integrated microphone) which makes it easy to video conference through the loudspeakers ...

I also got BT to work without problem and a noname adapter.

BUT:

I tried it with the Samsung WEP300 and WEP200(fake, but anyway it is a working headset) and the pair with hackintosh without problem. Just they dont work with any audio apps. As one said before me: it beeps when normally there should be audio signals. For example when I make a call.

Today I will get the original version of the WEP200, I hope it will work...man this incompatible things suck

Okay, now 2 days later and 5 bt dongles later I found the working one:

Asus BTD-201

Its actually a fine piece of a dongle! It is class 1, which means up 100m reach. It has BT v2.0 and it works fine with my SAMSUNG WEP200 Headset!

hey peeps, i just got a logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse set, want to hook em up to my notebook, just one little problem... :S

the thing is bluetooth is detected and seems to be there... i mean i can scan for devices and they come up on the list but everytime i try to pair them to my hp notebook it doesnt work.

any ideas?

Hello People - I am also looking at getting bluetooth working on my ACER.

The details I have for the device are - Broadcom Bluetooth 2.0+EDR USB dongle

Vendor ID 0A5C

Product ID 2101

Although it says it is an USB dongle it is built into my laptop.

All USB port eg for DVD or External HD work so I am not sure I have a general USB problem.

Any suggestions of things to look at would be great.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

bump bump *

I have a mogo usb bluetooth adapter (see http://tinyurl.com/y6t2p) I bought for my hackintosh, and it is also based on the Broadcom 2045 and is also not working. System Profiler says "No information found" under Hardware>Bluetooth. The LEDs on the adapter are lit, but it doesn't appear to work with the built in drivers in OS X (which is strange, since the manufacturer claims it should work with OS X.

System: Dell Inspiron 530, Q6600 quad-core, Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel. I've attached a screenshot of the System Information.

Thanks for any help or info.

post-255655-1216011478_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
What would you like to know?

I put the headset in "discoverable" mode - then just did browse devices from the Hackintosh. The Hackintosh found it - but gave me the dreaded "no usable services (something like that)" message. So I used the Bluetooth setup assistant - for setting up a new device and specifically chose "headset" from the list - found the Jawbone (my bluetooth headset) - and paired it. It automatically pushed sound to my headset - and I made a test call with skype to see if it worked. It did - was crystal clear.

Anything more you want to know?

-Daniel

Could you tell us exactly what model of bluetooth adapter you're using? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
. . I have working bluetooth during POST: can access the mobo's BIOS F8 bootorder; & see boot-messages via Tab; plus Darwin F8 . . . sadly there is no true Delete key on this alloy wireless keyboard, so cannot enter the BIOS.

Both the Apple bluetooth k/b & mouse are enumerated by the P5WDH (using the D-Link dbt-120 b4 flashed with Apple bluetooth firmware) as USB devices.

I have a similar setup (slightly newer firmware but very similar flashed dongle and peripherals) but don't think bluetooth items are enumerated as USB devices on my setup. Can you use the Function+Backspace key combination to emulate the Delete key? (I believe there are loads of Apple Keyboard Function combo keys which can replace the Page up / Page Down / Home / End keys, etc. too). One thing which I found useful so far is Alt/Command+3 which gives the Hash (#) symbol ...

Anybody having this issue: Bluetooth works, but the icon on the top icon bar shows an x thru it, and right clicking says Bluetooth: Not Available. In System Preferences, Bluetooth, it shows hardware not found. So it works but the computer cant seem to see it. Only if I boot into safe mode can I see it in the Sys Prefs and add new devices. Just started not long ago. I read up on it, possibly its related to using USB devices. I was booting off a USB drive for a while but now Im back to internal harddrive. Seems to work every now and then without safe mode.

bump bump *

I have a mogo usb bluetooth adapter (see http://tinyurl.com/y6t2p) I bought for my hackintosh, and it is also based on the Broadcom 2045 and is also not working. System Profiler says "No information found" under Hardware>Bluetooth. The LEDs on the adapter are lit, but it doesn't appear to work with the built in drivers in OS X (which is strange, since the manufacturer claims it should work with OS X.

System: Dell Inspiron 530, Q6600 quad-core, Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel. I've attached a screenshot of the System Information.

Thanks for any help or info.

I have a RocketFish adapter, it is very similar to what you have. BCM2045B2 which should work with OSX no problem, but it doesn't. I've played around adding device IDs in the info.plist of IOBluetoothFamily.kext/PlugIns/BroadcomUSB... But nothing has worked yet. Someoe who has better luck working with drivers in OS X might have some better luck.

I'm using the Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter and noticed the same thing. The workaround I found is to go to System Preferences and click on Keyboard and Mouse. Click on Bluetooth then Setup New Device. At this point it will ask you if you want to enable your bluetooth. Enable it and close out the setup new device dialogue window.

For some reason it thinks the device is disabled once you start up. Would be nice if I can get it work off without having to do all of this.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased 2 x USB2 bluetooth2 dongles very cheap (£2.60 each !!!) from ebay, which both worked absolutely fine on my hackintosh -

Item : 100M 2.4G USB 2.0 Bluetooth Dongle V2.0 EDR Adapter PC

The online shop was called 'Georges-Worldwide-Online-Store' -

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Georges-Worldwide-Online-Store

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/george_szcn/

Just search around the shop for the item which looks like the attached image ...post-186254-1221648365_thumb.jpg

In the system profiler they are detected as -

ISSCEDRBTA:

Version: 3.73

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: ISSC

Product ID: 0x1004

Vendor ID: 0x1131

Hi,

I´ve a weird problem: I´can´t reactivate my gembird (Vendor-Id: 0x1001/ Product-Id: 1131) bt usb dongle after reboot. Connection setup works with my Ericcson k880i, but each time after reboot I must delete k800i from BT-menue and set it up all again to activate OSX BT-Driver...

Thanks in advance for your help...

hi,

my problem is a bit strange, i have a "Generous" usb bluetooth dongle which worked fine under mac os x tiger 10.4.6 (JaS) but after installing Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 it doesn't work at all. The system profiler shows it as ISSCBTA under USB branch but nothing else happens.

any idea?

:censored2:

Ok so i finally managed to get os x 10.5.2 kelway installed on my pc. i have everything working axx for my dongle bluetooth from rocketfish.

Now i see it in system properties but when i go to appp to run bluetooth app says no device found.

so i started looking for the iobluetooth kext files in system/ext thingy and i didnt find not one bluetooth file at all anyone can post a link to wer to grab em?

thanks

Hi guys, is there any kext to make a2dp profile work? I have a motorola ht820. Yes my hackintosh can connect to the headset but the thing is, the sound is in mono. opening the core systems, i see a2dp's friend, avrcp but a2dp is not present. can anyone help me please? thanx!

First,

Hello to everybody!

I'm using

asus WL-BTD201M Bluetooth dongle

which as said before in a thread in this forum is supposed to work in osx.

But I seem to have problem with pairing my mobile phone with it (tried pairing it on a real mac and it works - SE W880).

The bluetooth assistant keeps on searching/discovering services

and never stops...

It is stuck at:

"pairing with the mobile phone"

"gathering additional information about your mobile phone."

And in a Console I get these messages:

Oct 13 16:56:02 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] overrun error. ignoring. dataSize = 0x3e8

Oct 13 16:56:02 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] WARNING - ACL packet larger than expected: 0x3e8.

Oct 13 16:56:02 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] immediate error (-536854449) queueing next read.

Oct 13 16:56:05 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:56:06 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:56:09 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:56:18 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:56:19 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] WARNING - ACL packet larger than expected: 0x2e0.

Oct 13 16:56:26 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:56:32 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] overrun error. ignoring. dataSize = 0x3e8

Oct 13 16:56:32 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] WARNING - ACL packet larger than expected: 0x3e8.

Oct 13 16:56:32 iBalrog kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][bulkInReadHandler] immediate error (-536854449) queueing next read.

Oct 13 16:56:32 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:56:45 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Oct 13 16:58:06 iBalrog kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

I'm using leopard 10.5.5 retail, with efi8 and voodoo 9.5 beta 1 kernel, but have also tried version 10.5.2 and 10.5.4 with various different kernels but still nothing changed. :)

Please help me if you have any idea what this is about.

I would really appreciate ANY thoughts on this.

I also tried deleting com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and it gets paired but without any authentication so that I cannot use any of the discovered services on my mobile.

Thanks

Urosch

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add this.

I bought a super cheap usb bluetooth adapter from ebay (looks physically the same as Bob AJob's). It got detected immediately, and I was able to pair my mobile phone with no problem. I also got stereo headphones working with Jabra BT8010. This is a mono phone bluetooth headset that can be connected to a 2nd earpiece with a cord. Mono works with skype etc. and stereo works allright as well. Sound quality isn't totally amazing, but it's not bad.

I have a micro Rocketfish adapter, but the problem I'm having is it's default state is turned off at startup. I have to plug in a USB mouse in order to run the bluetooth assistant to get it to turn on. After that my Apple keyboard and mighty mouse work fine. I've also tried some bluetooth speakers, but the computer treats it as a second headphone sound output. So it cuts out the audio to my main wired speakers instead of having both.