• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

bigdrizzle

bigdrizzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Before you say "there are 100 other threads about this", I have looked around and not found a fix that works for me. 

I don't know exactly what info I need to tell you in here, other than messages worked fine for me on 10.8.5, then upgraded to mavericks when it released and I cannot log in. Originally I was getting a "An error occurred during activation. Try again." None of the solutions I attempted caused a changed in this error, except when I changed my appleID password. Now I am just getting a hang when I try to log into iMessage, but still no successful login. 

I am using Chimera 2.2.1 (which i think bundles the most recent chameleon). Everything I read says that this boot loader is supposed to fix the iMessage issue but it seems not to in my case. I have gone through the replacing the FileNVRam and having the nvram.plist regenerated. I don't know exactly what is supposed to be in this plist (forums I have read seem to give sporadic advice about this). I realize that to receive help, I probably need to post more information for you, but I don't know what that is at this point. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, as I am out of ideas on how to proceed. Will update this thread if I find a solution.

UPDATE: Fixed using the official chameleon from the downloads section on this site, instead of chimera. This did not work for me the first few times I had tried, so YMMV on this? Not exactly sure why it fixed it on the 3rd of 4th try.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Best Answer

Look up, not down.. Use official chameleon

keypox

keypox

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Before you say "there are 100 other threads about this", I have looked around and not found a fix that works for me. 

I don't know exactly what info I need to tell you in here, other than messages worked fine for me on 10.8.5, then upgraded to mavericks when it released and I cannot log in. Originally I was getting a "An error occurred during activation. Try again." None of the solutions I attempted caused a changed in this error, except when I changed my appleID password. Now I am just getting a hang when I try to log into iMessage, but still no successful login. 

I am using Chimera 2.2.1 (which i think bundles the most recent chameleon). Everything I read says that this boot loader is supposed to fix the iMessage issue but it seems not to in my case. I have gone through the replacing the FileNVRam and having the nvram.plist regenerated. I don't know exactly what is supposed to be in this plist (forums I have read seem to give sporadic advice about this). I realize that to receive help, I probably need to post more information for you, but I don't know what that is at this point. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, as I am out of ideas on how to proceed. Will update this thread if I find a solution.

Same boat as you buddy.  I have tried all solutions I have found, delete network interfaces, deleting plist, changing smbios, FileNVRam, changed password.  

This always seems to happen when a new point updated comes out.  People take a while to get installed and are so excited about that, functionality comes later... 

I am using chimera as well, maybe clover or chameleon would fix haven't tried that.  

bigdrizzle

bigdrizzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Look up, not down.. Use official chameleon

Well....I tried this last night 3 times and got nothing to work. Thought I'd give it one more try just so I could say "Yup I tried it again buddy thanks for nothing...", but it fixed it. NO IDEA why this would have not worked the 3 times I tried it last night. I will be sure to mention this to the chimera people. Thanks for the tip. Feel like a major idiot right now.

colbygardner

colbygardner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Dell XPS 435T - Intel X58 - trying to install Mavericks and I am having the same problem with iMessage, iCloud, and the App Store. I tried Chameleon but it's a no go too. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I did a normal install, but is there more to do to get this "fix" to work?

Also, what role does the i386 folder play in the installation of Chameleon? 

fab

fab

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Well....I tried this last night 3 times and got nothing to work. Thought I'd give it one more try just so I could say "Yup I tried it again buddy thanks for nothing...", but it fixed it. NO IDEA why this would have not worked the 3 times I tried it last night. I will be sure to mention this to the chimera people. Thanks for the tip. Feel like a major idiot right now.

what you did exactly? I have the same problem and tried everything

After installing Mavericks iCloud was working but in maps my iPhone didn't show up so I read to disconnect iCloud and connect again.... when I disconnected my account I wasn't able any more to log in.

Changed password, deleted plist, deleted ethernet, checked is en01,reinstalled chameleo, tried everything but I can't log in any more

caliwinter

caliwinter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

what you did exactly? I have the same problem and tried everything

After installing Mavericks iCloud was working but in maps my iPhone didn't show up so I read to disconnect iCloud and connect again.... when I disconnected my account I wasn't able any more to log in.

Changed password, deleted plist, deleted ethernet, checked is en01,reinstalled chameleo, tried everything but I can't log in any more

I did all those things as well, without any success. What allowed me to get iMessage to work was finding FileNVRAM file, and dropping it into /Extra/Modules - afterwards restarted, logged in and iMessage worked liked a charm.

fab

fab

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I've solved installing this kext

PlatformUUID.kext

found in this topic

http://www.insanelym...ud#entry1958048

CarmeB

CarmeB

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I've installed Clover and I've followed the instructions to obtain the UUID booting with Chamelon. Instead of Mountain Lion where iMessage, AppStore and iCloud works, on Mavericks I don't know what I have to do to make them works:

- iCloud give me error during connection.

- AppStore tell me that there's an unknown error.

- iMessage doesn't connect.

I had to install also the AppleACPI from Pandora'app (under Kext/patches and Asus x58) because with stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext, it gives me kernel panic as you can see in the screenshot.

Attached File  IMG_1788.JPG   117.04KB   66 downloads

What I have to do?? Thanks :)

Ru1Sous4

Ru1Sous4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

So after I install Mavericks by MyHack, AppStore and iMessenger are working OOB, but iCloud is not working. After remove NetworkPrefs from S/L/P my AppStore and iCloud are working, but iMessenger stop working I don't know why...

What I already try:

• Changed my appleID password
  • Check FileNVRam in EFIStudios
  • The process of editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with a new network interface(http://www.insanelym...ore-and-icloud/)
  • Install Chimera 2.2.1 in the HD
  • Install Chameleon 2.2 in the HD

Just wondering why iMessenger works in the beginning and stop working after I remove "NetworkPrefs" or after a have access to iCloud.
Maybe I cloud try fix the iCloud without removing the NetworkPrefs so that way I will be able to keep the iMessenger working.

Any idea of what should I try now will be helpful  ;)

Notes:

I'm using a Wifi Connection and not a Ethernet. I have BT, Ethernet and WiFi showing in Settings->Network

I'm using a USB to start/select the boot device. My MB don't detect boot from GUID HD's. (ASUS Z87-Pro)

iMessnger Error:
21iVhZV.png

Network list:
2BADT6g.png

Raptor911

Raptor911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

maybe this tutorial work

http://www.osx86.net...essage-working/

i haven't try this

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing

I'm running clover on my hack and i followed this tutorial: 

http://rampagedev.wo...-and-imessages/

credit goes to rampagedev

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: messages, mavericks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy