P67A-GD55(B3) - 100% 10.9.5

themacmeister

70 posts in this topic

Accidentally deleted my OSX partition (not the first time!!!) and I discovered a foolproof way to reinstall and update to 10.9.5.

Use MyH*ck installer 10.9, update with combo update to 10.9.4 - restart

Patch AICPM kext, delete all MyH*ck stuff (kext etc.) and use MultiBe*st to install everything you need. Edit org.chameleon.boot.plist, add GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and DropSSDT=Yes. Install nvRam module. Use latest Kext Utility to update caches. Restart and then install 10.9.5 update. Restart, you may need to reinstall Realtek audio patched Apple HDA kext, you can use MultiB*ast to do that. Restart - You are done!

(If you have not changed your CPU like I did, you can use RevoGirl's updated script to create SSDT, and avoid the boot.plist edits above - just add SSDT=Extra/ssdt_pr.aml)

If you mean the 400Mb/s Firewire, it shows up, and I have used an external Firewire->ATA enclosure before to use HDD and optical drive before. This enclosure stopped working recently, but I have not had a chance to test anything since then (no firewire hardware to attach). Firewire is DISABLED in the BIOS, but is still showing up as green and active as a network connection (also, in the list when adding new networks), so I can only assume it is working under OS X Mavericks (even when disabled in BIOS). As a matter of fact, I believe I have ALWAYS had it DISABLED in BIOS  !!!!

That might be the trick in getting it to work?!

Best of luck.

PS. I used ACPIPlatform rollback (10.8.1), even though it did not seem necessary. You can try this with M*ltiBe*st if you still cannot get it working (this is apparently good for undetected/dysfunctional hardware).

Hmm. That makes no sense. And no, my firewire works but hotplugging is shot. I know the cause is something to do with _GPE notifications in the DSDT but haven't been able to solve it yet.

Either way, I'm not touching [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with a ten-foot-pole. Nothing good's ever come out from that.

Thanks anyway!

Also what about the sound? Using Voodoo?

Do you even READ? I am using an MSI motherboard...

My entire setup RELIES ON [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] TO WORK.

I am running a DSDT-FREE install.

Read my guide before commenting. Are you like 4 years old?

I use patched AppleHDA with optical digital output.

No wonder you cannot get the simplest thing working.

Uhhh. What brought that tantrum about?

Newsflash: I am also using an MSI board (since it's the exact same as yours) and I fail to see how that is at all relevant. I haven't used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and will not use it either; and if by "the simplest of things" you mean griping that an otherwise fully-functional UEFI build is giving me a bit of work with firewire hotplugging and 5.1 audio...

Frankly, I'd say it's you who has no idea what he's doing.

I don't know what I'm doing? I HAVE FIREWIRE!!!

I was reading your build specs in your signature. Also, the fact that you did not read any of the previous three pages, made me think you were using a different motherboard.

The firewire in question is VIA VT6308P (which I assume is using the Texas Instruments chip), as it has always worked OOTB for me. Apple dropped support for all firewire devices that didn't use the TI chip in Snow Leopard+.

PS. Sorry for the outburst LK - It is like asking a Porsche expert to fix your Ferrari.  :)

If you read any of the previous 3 pages, you would understand I am using a NON-UEFI, NON-DSDT, Chimera and MultiBe*st based install. I have done this same method of install on three or four recent machines, including a laptop (which DID require a DSDT made for it). This is the only type of install I know how to do, and it works consistently.

If you refuse to use one of my MAIN TOOLS, that installed the 10.8.1 ACPIPlatform kext rollback, which (possibly) allows firewire to work (and you could copy over to your EFI/Clover partition) -- then I cannot help you. I have never been able to get Clover working on this motherboard (black screen). I never got Firewire400 hot-plugging to work on MacOS9.2.2 or 10.5.8 on real Apple hardware (original G4 iMac).

THAT BEING SAID, someone else without Firewire on 2600k, P67A-GD55 (B3), got a custom DSDT made by MaLd0n here -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/page-221?do=findComment&comment=1714561

It might come in handy :-)

EDIT: found on SL forum -> Delete HPET driver in extensions. HPET steals FW IRQ  <---DON'T DO THIS Lord Kamina!!!

EDIT: There is a HPET and IRQ fix in DSDT patchers. Boot with -v and watch for the firewire/1394a info.

Cheers and best of luck.

I don't know what I'm doing? I HAVE FIREWIRE!!!

I was reading your build specs in your signature. Also, the fact that you did not read any of the previous three pages, made me think you were using a different motherboard.

The firewire in question is VIA VT6308P (which I assume is using the Texas Instruments chip), as it has always worked OOTB for me. Apple dropped support for all firewire devices that didn't use the TI chip in Snow Leopard+.

PS. Sorry for the outburst LK - It is like asking a Porsche expert to fix your Ferrari.  :)

If you read any of the previous 3 pages, you would understand I am using a NON-UEFI, NON-DSDT, Chimera and MultiBe*st based install. I have done this same method of install on three or four recent machines, including a laptop (which DID require a DSDT made for it). This is the only type of install I know how to do, and it works consistently.

If you refuse to use one of my MAIN TOOLS, that installed the 10.8.1 ACPIPlatform kext rollback, which (possibly) allows firewire to work (and you could copy over to your EFI/Clover partition) -- then I cannot help you. I have never been able to get Clover working on this motherboard (black screen). I never got Firewire400 hot-plugging to work on MacOS9.2.2 or 10.5.8 on real Apple hardware (original G4 iMac).

THAT BEING SAID, someone else without Firewire on 2600k, P67A-GD55 (B3), got a custom DSDT made by MaLd0n here -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/page-221?do=findComment&comment=1714561

It might come in handy :-)

EDIT: found on SL forum -> Delete HPET driver in extensions. HPET steals FW IRQ  <---DON'T DO THIS Lord Kamina!!!

EDIT: There is a HPET and IRQ fix in DSDT patchers. Boot with -v and watch for the firewire/1394a info.

Cheers and best of luck.

The signature is an old build; and from that build onwards I've decided in the end DSDT makes things much cleaner, which is why I'm using it from then onwards.

I have gotten firewire to work but hotplugging specifically is still broken. It's being a bit more difficult than I thought because our board's DSDT is structured with a device inside a device (RP05->FWBR->FRWR) instead of just "RP05->FRWR"

Re: HPET IRQ I had read about that and at some point I patched my HPET and Firewire to use different IRQs but that didn't solve the problem because, as I say, I think it's fully to do with power management notifications and nesting of devices in the DSDT.

I'll check that link you posted.

I've gotten PM with the ssdtPRGen script and I'm currently taking a new shot at getting analog 5.1 working via AppleHDA.

Some really handy info here (assuming the same error is in startup - it is not in mine from memory, but a lot of text goes by, and you could easily miss it.)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196359-firewire-issues/

This gets hotplug AFTER SLEEP on Gigabyte mobos, but you could find it useful?!

Try the AFTER-SLEEP method, and see if hotplugging returns.

Have a look through this DSDT file -> http://www.4shared.com/zip/is7auYovba/P5W_DH_Deluxe_DSDT_3001_-_v30_.html

I am starting to think this is for 1394b FW800, but hotplug is working on this ASUS mobo.

Another DRASTIC step is removing AppleHPET altogether. This might be possible if you enable forced HPET in Chimera (dunno the command in Clover).

I have no firewire devices to test this, I got cables, but no devices.

Best of luck.

Open Console and view your logs, see if you can see any Firewire errors.

I think you need an aggregator like SoundFlower to get multi-channel analog sound, and it is not true surround. You are better off getting a receiver (like my Kenwood) that supports optical and coax digital (automatic). Stereo all the time, until you use passthrough AC3/DTS. I tried multi-channel for my music, and it sounded like {censored}. All the built in pseudo-surround features make it sound sh*tty too.

There is software (sleepwatcher?) that lets you unload and reload required software after sleep to get audio working after sleep again. I think it might even be restarting the audio service.

I'll just stick with never sleeping, seeing speed-step is working so well :-)

Tried already and no, rather, sleeping and waking is like booting the OS for power management purposes, so if I do that the devices get recognized. I can also boot with the device plugged in and turned on and it will be recognized. I guess I'll just have to fiddle around some more with the notifications, I'm bound to get it right eventually.

In practice I'll never ever use the analog surround but it'd be cool to have it. If you google, there's a tutorial on how to do it without aggregating because apparently some macs did include a setting for native 5.1 (no 7.1 though, I think). That guide in particular is for ALC889 but the principle should hold, I guess.

My receiver does all the decoding, and the few movies I have with 5.1 dolby digital or DTS, sound AMAZING. I just don't see the need for surround on anything except the best films (watching Inception on my system, cranked up, makes the world shudder).

I never bothered with HDMI output from NVIDIA graphics cards, but there are some guides/tools out there for this. It usually means patching your kexts tho.

My HackBook Pro (Acer Apire 4752) has HDMI + HDMI-AUDIO-OUT, which is cool.

Best of luck, let me know how things go. I have a working AppleHDA kext for Mavericks, but it doesn't work over sleep. I'm sure there are some commands to reload the audio service, but seeing I never put my Hackintosh to sleep, it's always working :-)

That is awesome. You need to give me a foolproof method of installing Clover. The last 2 times I installed it borked my Hackintosh... :-(

I was starting to think that Clover did not work on the P67A-GD55(B3) mobo... ??

I have Chameleon 3.01 installed (I think) at the moment. Using GUID formatted separate HDD.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!

(Also, your config.plist from Clover would be much appreciated).

Cheers.

Well, it's much slower but the way to do it is installing to a pendrive and booting from it. At first at least, you only actually install it to the HD once you're certain it's relatively working.

I'm using a dsdt though, I guess eventually I could give you that though but there's not much point unless you boot UEFI.

Not currently at the computer but will walk you around my settings later.

Thanks Lord Kamina. My bios is full UEFI, I am using Win 7 that DOES NOT have the 100MB EFI partition (the Mac has 200MB, but that has been freshly formatted to FAT32). I assume this means that my Win 7 install is non-UEFI, and will possibly not boot if I try Clover?

I'll give the Rufus USB stick a go, full UEFI, and see if it works from USB boot. New soon. Cheers.

PLEASE NOTE: Misleading subject title. Mac is not 100% -> Sleep/Wake issue with black screen still remains. Usually after sleeping more than 1hr. I have tried different darkwake=x values, but nothing seems to work. I am connected via DVI now, but was connected via HDMI before. Don't know if it makes a difference. I am resigned to only having a 99.9% Hackintosh now, although all software previously mentioned as non-working, is now fine (except Gish, which is so old, and not updated, that it fails to work on Lion/ML as well). I will create a WineSkin wrapper for PC Gish, see if I can get it working that way.

• 3 months later...

I tried Clover, and eventually got a working dual-boot with 10.9.5 and Win7 64bit UEFI. I messed with something, and ruined BOTH installs, had to fresh install Win7 AND OSX. Only just got around to reinstalling 10.9.5, and apart from Sleep/Wake issue, all is going well. Only difference is I am now loading NVIDIA ROM, and using VBIOS in Boot.plist. This gives me less erratic graphics power management. Still using Chimera 3.0.1 to dual-boot non-UEFI Mac/Win7-64. Only one software title out of hundreds has failed so far. CaveStory+ from Humble Indie Bundle! It fails on ALL my Hackintoshes tho. Works on my Intel Iris Pro iMac? Need to play around with SDL frameworks inside...?!

Anyways, I'm installing all my emulators tonight. Should be fun.

More news as it happens. I have a 100% working Mavericks install on a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L (see my other post). Also have two ASUS P5KPL mobos (a CM and a VM) to try out. I have DSDT patches for both, so might be OK.

Cave Story+ crashes on real Macs too. Workaround available on the forums/interwebs.

Tested and working. (create copy of cave_story.app in root directory of Mac drive (can be hidden)).

Boot regular /Applications/Cave_story.app --> all wonderful again.

Themacmeister: Can you sumarize your install method?. I have read your posts about Yosemite and now Im in boubt if isn't better to install Maverics instead. I managed to install Yosmite but I have problems with the graphics card and the web drivers and can't get a guide to use M*st. Thanks!

My HW: MSI P67A-GD55(B3) & GTX550TI (Fermi!)