Thoughts about Mavericks with Atom (yes, Atom)

Atom Mavericks 10.9 Kernel Patcher Module Chameleon Binary Patch

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

So if I got it right, this still yet to merge in clover's main code?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,089 posts

About Clover itself, its developers can answer way better than I. ;)

Test the patch, though: it really works!

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

tried and it works. i have 1201PN. Thanks

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,089 posts

Good to know! If you have spare time, I'd also ask you to create a Yosemite installer and see if it works. I'll do the same as soon as I get home. Otherwise, enjoy Mavericks on your 1201PN.

All the best!

P.S.: and thank TimeWalker74a: I'm just spreading the news. :)

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,089 posts

Yosemite works! :D At least the installer. I choose not to install, though, because I'll need the netbook in good working state for at least a couple of days. Anyway. I made a small gift for you, to make your hacking work a little easier:             #979            

All the best!

chrisrand

chrisrand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Just an update for everyone reading this post, there is a new tool developed by a true guru, TimeWalker75a

Good-Info

Good-Info

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Great news!

I've been trying to run Mavericks on my 1201n since it was seeded as a preview, with no success: the kernel patcher module from Chameleon clearly needs to be updated, and since it's not developed by the Chameleon team itself, but by a third party development company (meklort's xZenue LCC), we haven't yet any ETA for this update. I tried the old kernel patcher from meklort, but also met with no success (which was expected, since it shares the same code with the kernel patcher module). So we've been stuck with Mountain Lion for quite a while.

As some of you might know, i'm deeply involved with AMD kernel development - and I'm currently the AMD Development forum moderator - and we managed to boot some AMD machines with a couple of beta kernels. These kernels are quite AMD-specific, and in fact i tried them with my 1201n, but they didn't work. However, one of our leading developers, Andy Vandjick, doesn't have an AMD machine, so he has been trying to make his patches as much CPU-agnostic as possible, and indeed his old AMD kernels for Mountain Lion and  Snow Leopard also included support for legacy Intel hardware. Last week, he adapted his patch set for Mavericks, and since he didn't install the necessary new Xcode, i have to build the binaries for him. The resultant kernel didn't work, but brought relevant insights for the current beta kernels for AMD.

Well, knowing Andy's history of enabling legacy Intel support for his kernels, and also knowing he has been using essentially the same base patch set across OSX iterations, i decided to experiment with his kernel, even a little skeptical - since it didn't met its goals, that is, boot on AMD. Then, today, for my greatest surprise, after a few attempts, it worked, and i manage to install mavericks on my 1201n!

I didn't do many things with my Mavericks partition since then, and i expect all iCloud-based services not to be working, since that's the rule with kernels compiled from the XNU sources, but hey!, that's a real deal! Hope you all try it! Here's our kernel: atom_kernel.zip

Excellent information!

I have an ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe motherboard (Atom 330) that uses Nvidia ION.... I am hopeful... how would one add this atom kernel to install and potentially get OSX working in my situation? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atom, Mavericks, 10.9, Kernel Patcher Module, Chameleon, Binary Patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy