• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

d70

d70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I'm currently running 10.8.2 with Chameleon v2.1 r1995 and would like to upgrade the bootloader to the latest r2189 to fix iMessage login. However, I tried it a few times and ran into an issue where it would stuck at an SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6 error during boot.

What's the proper way to upgrade Chameleon?

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 581 posts

I'm currently running 10.8.2 with Chameleon v2.1 r1995 and would like to upgrade the bootloader to the latest r2189 to fix iMessage login. However, I tried it a few times and ran into an issue where it would stuck at an SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6 error during boot.

What's the proper way to upgrade Chameleon?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...PROTODETACH_IN6

d70

d70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...PROTODETACH_IN6

Not only you tried to be a smart {censored}, you didn't even answer my question. I didn't ask for a fix for the SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6 error. Thanks for not helping.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,064 posts
From the Chameleon FAQ by Rocksteady:

• You install boot0 (or chain0) file to the MBR. [This is stage 0, responsible for loading stage 1]
• You install the boot1h file to your partition's bootsector. [This is stage 1, responsible for finding the boot file]
• You install the boot file to your partition's root directory (/). [This is stage 2, the main bootloader that loads kernel, KEXTs and other Chameleon-related files]

The proper way to upgrade Chameleon is to install the three files from the new version (boot, boot1h and boot0/boot0md, or whatever you're using) to the same location as they were installed to before.

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
You can always use Chameleon Wizard. Its a very useful GUI application to manage the Chameleon Bootloader.

http://www.insanelym...-for-chameleon/

d70

d70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
That's what I used to go to r2187 and r2189 but both gave me boot issues. Maybe my configurations on r1995 are not compatible with newer releases?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,064 posts
zip and attach your org.Chameleon.Boot.plist

d70

d70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

zip and attach your org.Chameleon.Boot.plist

Thanks, but I finally got it work. I had to somehow manually build r2189 from source and used digital_dreamer's hackinstaller script to install the new bootloader files. For some reason, using Chameleon Wizard didn't work. I did try it close to times with different v2.2 versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy