• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bebeto93

bebeto93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hello, could run my nVidia Geforce GT 640M LE in my Lenovo Y480???, The intel HD4000 works great ... I've seen and the most recent Apple Macbook Pro retina, come with nVidia Geforce GT 650m ... I have the 10.8.3 ML ... Thanks!

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,238 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

for now no..

be grateful that the hd 4000 works good...

no switch between them...

optimus thecnology don't work in mac os x

good hack

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,531 posts
If you have the ability of disabling Optimus in the BIOS, you can use either one or the other (but never switch between both: Apple uses its own switching technology, and i doubt Optimus will ever be supported).

All the best!

bebeto93

bebeto93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

If you have the ability of disabling Optimus in the BIOS, you can use either one or the other (but never switch between both: Apple uses its own switching technology, and i doubt Optimus will ever be supported).

All the best!

There is the possibility that some BIOS mod, you can disable Optimus??, I have modified the bios by Techinferno, would have to investigate how to disable Optimus technology? .. OK assuming I could disable,
* No problem that is 640M LE, this "LE" that abbreviations are not "Lite Edition"?? excuse my ignorance ..
* What else would I have to do to make it work ..?
Thanks for the reply...

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
no success with any optimus enabled cards if bios doesn't support discrete mode only, like Thinkpads W and some T series support

3 modes in bios exist:
integrated - intel
discrete - nvidia or ati
optimus - both cards

so forget about nvidia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy