Before you begin
- Credits go to: Lejenk
- I am not using the factory Hard drive, you should do the same.
- I am not using Msata
- My Bios version is A09 and my cpu: i5 3210m
- I'm not responsible for anything
- Create your USB installer
- Copy the contents of USB_BOOT.zip to your flash drive (use IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext.zip and IOUSBFamily.kext.zip from Lejenk's topic if you want flash drives to work after installation )
- Install ML
- After the first boot, extract SLE.zip and install its contents
- Install VooodooHDA 2.7.3, don't forget to remove AppleHDA ( If you have sound issues, go to Applications - Utilities - Audio MIDI Setup and change the format to 44100hz)
- Install Keyboard kext using Kext Wizard or any method of your choice, don't forget to rebuild cache/repair permissions
- Install a bootloader
- Copy the Attached Smbios to your Extra folder
- Edit your boot.plist
1920x1080 resolution boot screen
<key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>1920x1080x32</string>
If you have boot problems, try -v -f or -x
I just updated to 10.8.3, no problems.
-Install the update, don't reboot
-Install all Kexts again, if you are using VoodooHDA, remove AppleHDA.
-Rebuild cache/Repair Permissions
My DSDT has no modifications, I only fixed couple errors.That is why I am using VoodooHDA, if you edit your DSDT, you wont need to edit boot.plist and install voodoohda
Power consumption is Higher than Windows, not much, but needs to be fixed, I don't know if it is the 7730m or the cpu.
Guys I am trying to make 7730m work, to do that I need the Vbios, I already tried Atiflash(generates an empty file) and GPU-Z(does not support 7730m), If anyone has another idea, please feel free to share.
Some people from another forum got 7670m working, so I am trying to do the same.
Here is what we need: http://www.insanelym...s/#entry1853099
ati_personality.pl script didn't work either
- Hd 4000
- Ethernet (Limited to 100mbit)
- Touchpad(No gestures)
- Built in Speakers and Mic
- Audio line in
- Keyboard Backlight
- Volume Keys
- USB 2.0(all ports)
- Power consumption(better battery life), Idle power consumption: 11-13 Watts(Windows), 23-25 Watts(Mac)
- Fn Keys(Backlight and Volume are working)
- Sd card slot
- Mic input
- USB 3.0
- Updated to 10.8.3
- Updaded "Not working" list
- Added Smbios
- Help needed