• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family, computers, guns, home theater/audio/video, and remote controlled helicopters.
So I have been fighting with my audio since I installed OSX, tonight I decided to try something and plug in some normal computer speakers through the onboard line out, well ...they work. So I have sound working through the Line Out, but can not for the life of me get my actual, sound system set up to work. I am using optical SPDIF from the motherboard to my receiver. If I reboot into Windows it works fine, so I know that the cable is in. I've tried selecting optical in Audio in System Preferences.

Any ideas? Is there something I can edit in a Kext file or some? Is there perhaps a special kext I need to get optical working?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
What the audio chip/card/codec would be? What was to make it work?

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family, computers, guns, home theater/audio/video, and remote controlled helicopters.
Sorry, it's a Realtek ACL889 on a EVGA x58 E758.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,799 posts
Hi!

http://www.insanelym...-lion-108-beta/ Try this tool. It doesn't work always, as you can see by the last post, but it improves your chances a lot.\

Best regards!

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Hi!

http://www.insanelym...-lion-108-beta/ Try this tool. It doesn't work always, as you can see by the last post, but it improves your chances a lot.\

Best regards!

Thank you, but, ... Mountain Lion 10.8 only.

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Single Carburetor GoldWings
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...
Try VoodooHDA2.7.2.
install it with kextutility. or Kext Wizard.

or if you can find a copy of VoodooHDA.pkg the mac os installer will install it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy