Problem with installation of ML - Display the apple logo and then restart

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new here so sorry if i do something wrong. Firstly, I am using vanilla guide for installation. Everything is fine but when i try to start the installation it stops for a second, show the grey screen with the apple and then restart. I tried to use PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000,3000, GraphicalEnabler=Yes/No but with no result. The only thing that i didn't do is formating the hard drive to Mac OS X Extended (Journeled) because i am using virtual machine to create the bootable usb and have problems with formating physical disc. Can this be the problem ? Also I am using this configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i3 530 2,93GHz

GPU: Nvidia Palit GTS 450

MB: ECS h55h-m (v1.0)

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston

SMBios: iMac(11;3)

I also tried to get it running with Nvidia GT430 and 8600GT but the result was the same, FAIL!

So can you give me any advice how to make it work and sorry for my english :)

If you want to know some more information, just ask.

I forgot, when i start with -v everything is fine, don't show message, just restart the machine.

Edited by t0shk0pz

try to remove any kext that starts with NVDA and GeForce, also try to remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePolicyControl.kext

remember to backup the kexts first...

Edited by Lejenk
Removed the advice to use a distro.

I will try to do it tonight and will post the results but i don't think i would be able to post a picture because when i input -v and when it stops the procedure, restarts the computer immediately and the apple logo is only displayed for less then a second..