• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts
Just spoke to Rampage Dev,

I need to add this code after HDEF in the DSDT with correct IDs for my hardware:

Device (BUS0)
{
Name (_CID, "smbus")
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Device (DVL0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x57)
Name (_CID, "diagsvault")
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x03)
{
"address",
0x57,
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
}

Progress at last!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,950 posts
If you post a IOreg with the lan driver installed I can add the ethernet built in fix into the DSDT.

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts

If you post a IOreg with the lan driver installed I can add the ethernet built in fix into the DSDT.

Ask, and ye shall receive etc. etc.

Driver is Lnx2mac's RTL81XX
Mucho gracias!

So just to clarify, you said in your email that the motherboard tells the OS the device IDs for the SMBus edit - does that mean the one I sent you is good to go, or I have to add my own. Sorry for the fabulous display of noob the past few days - my speciality is cutting up G5s, not slicing DSDTs :D

Attached Files

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,950 posts
The motherboard provides the device ID. Then its up to the OS to use it. The SMBUS edit I did just makes it load. With out the edit I did it will not load. I PM you the new files.

mathq

mathq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Hi,
I'm now using a modded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and have sleep working now.

I have no custom DSDT and everything works...

I attached the file

Attached File  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip   78.83KB   29 downloads

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts

Hi,
I'm now using a modded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and have sleep working now.

I have no custom DSDT and everything works...

I attached the file

Attached File  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip   78.83KB   29 downloads

Are you using the patched BIOS, or MSI's standard one?

mathq

mathq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
MSI's standard one... I've received my motherboard one week ago and I'm not planning on making any changes to the BIOS...

Úll Mac

Úll Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi, have an MSI Z77MA-G45 on order. Just checked msi website, latest bios version is 1.9 Can anyone confirm best of method of install for full functionality? Will be using with i5 2500k cpu for the moment and ati graphics so not bothered about intel hd graphics. I'd prefer a dsdt free install myself but would be very interested to hear your experiences with this board. Have previously used gigabyte boards with chimera / chameleon but again any opinions welcome.Thanks.

soarhevn

soarhevn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Follow https://biosrepo.wor...-your-own-bios/ to patch the latest MSI BIOS.

For crafting a OS X install USB stick, Follow the instructions at http://www.osx86.net...html#post131499

See http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home for more info

Good news, MSI Z77MA-G45 now supported in v. 5.2.678 HWMonitor / FakeSMC. Get it at

However I have not been able to get this board to boot via UEFI, I get a reboot a few lines into boot. I am successfully Clover booting via traditional BIOS only.

soarhevn

soarhevn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi folks. I'm doing a fresh install on my MSI Z77MA-G45 with a new 500GB SSD. BIOS has been patched. I can successfully install with #####, but I like using Clover much better and of course want the faster UEFI booting. I have created a USB boot drive using the instructions from http://cloverboot.weebly.com.

Clover starts up nicely, then after beginning to load the OS X installer, it gets stuck just after showing:

init

probe

start

Then some odd stuff about not finding the bluetooth ([IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed)

If I wait awhile, a grey screen will come up and I get a spinning beach ball.

If I try safe boot, I get a reboot almost immediately.

No matter what I change in the config it does not seem to help; I have a monitor attached via DVI. And I suspect it's something with the display, but I could be wrong. Ideas?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MSI, Z77MA-G45, Mountain Lion, Sleep, audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy