ASUS A56CM - K56CM - TUTORIAL ML 10.8.2

Piuma

244 posts in this topic

With this injection string: 5e0000000100000001000000520000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601

When finished i'll write a step by step guide.

Now I need battery, hwmonitor, wifi and audio

• Like 1

Install both. Mountain Lion ready. Works on 10.8.2 also.

Atheros what? Can you be a bit more specific? Model name etc...?

Same for Audio.

Brightness can be adjusted under System Settings > Display. If that does not work, it's time to create a DSDT and fix it. (If you do not have one already.)

Watch this video, on how to extract a DSDT from windows, and upload it, or give it a shot yourself to patch it, use DSDT Editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8sHsQ-76Q

GoodMorning! I'm ready to fight against my laptop! :D

At the moment don't work:

- brightness control

- stop, sleep, wake up

- atheros wifi (i don't know the right model, i can't find it on the web, i'll try various atheros kext!)

- audio (not really a problem, i'll work with an external usb audio card)

About DSDT, I haven't a DSDT, and I havent windows installed on this laptop. I have Chameleon Wizard, maybe can I extract the DSDT by it?

If DSDT is the only way to get brightness and sleep works, I definitely need help to compile DSDT.

Perhaps the best way to go is to use a Linux live usb. You can extract the DSDT from there.

Also the other hardware information can be found there, did a quick search on how to find hardware info in ubuntu. http://www.webupd8.org/2011/07/how-to-get-hardware-information-in.html

Just one of the many ways to find them.

I'll be back this evening, 6 hour train ride today -_-

Ok, I'm here with an html file with system info from ubuntu live & lshw.

Is this file ok to compile a DSDT?

No :P This is good for other information, like the sound chipset etc, that way we can start to look for kexts/dsdt edits. To extract a dsdt from linux, follow the following guide: .....

Search for extract dsdt linux.

Still in the train, internet is even to slow to search, continues drops etc. Ah well, home in 2 hours.

This is a vanilla dsdt, or should be. The DSL is a decompiled AML :) Just got home, will have a quick look this evening, probably start working on it in the morning. If you want to edit it yourself, to get familiar with DSDT, you can use DSDT Editor to do so.

http://www.insanelym...or-and-patcher/

Download the utility and open your DSDT with it.

Now click IASL, if you are lucky (which you are not :P) the dsdt wil compile. In your case i get: see attachment.

This means you need to fix the errors and warnings. Some i know how to fix, others i just type in google. (Working on it right now, so you don't need to, but you can learn something from it)

When the errors and warnings are gone, you can start applying patches. The most common come with the utility, click on patch, open, and navigate to the DSDT folder, there is a folder with patches you can apply, i don't know which ones you need, still have to look in too it :)

After you have applied the patches, you click compile, if an error comes up, fix it, by clicking on the error, the program will go to that line.

If it compiles, put the DSDT.aml in /Extra folder. (An error can always occur, also a not bootable system.)

Edit: The screen is already without errors :P You had 3 of them, click on fix errors and they will be gone.

Edit 2: Did not read correctly, a DSDT file makes it possible to get your installation as vanilla as possible, it will inject information into OSX to load genuine Apple drivers, instead of replacements downloaded from the web. Think of speedstep, sleep, audio, video, ethernet, etc.. :)

post-1090626-0-31622100-1360357955_thumb.png

:D TNX!! VERY TNX!! I must do a gift to you next xmas!!

Boot is OK. Now I can set different value for brightness!!

There's only a little problem.

It seems that the highest brightness is less bright than usual. as if she could move again but the bar does not allow it.

Should I put DSDT.aml into Extra folder or i have to do other action?

Other questions are about Chameleon Bootflags (c2 state, c3 state, etc etc).

In front of each option I wonder "I need to activate or deactivate?" : D

I'll post a screenshot.