g5 power plug mod

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts
Right? I had to double check the DVD drive count to be sure.

Ira it might be worth hitting this guy up for some tips - it is by far the best work I've seen.

Ira Aduro

Ira Aduro

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Very well done on the outside, bit of a mess on the inside. Very confusing trying to figure out what he did. Parts look plastic, others metal. The rear IO and expansion slots are plastic. You can see in the detail shots they are "wobbly" and obviously painted with some paint starting to chip off. The way they are attached to the back is how apple attached the originals, good idea. The rear fan shield looks like a Mac Pro's but isn't, the pattern is slightly different. Neither a Mac Pro or a G5 have 7 expansion slots, but someone has gone to great lengths to make it look OEM including numbering the slots. The tab on the expansion slot covers just hangs out there, no slot to slide into, odd.

Notice the locking mechanism "ring" in the plastic bag nicely taped to the G5. I think what we are looking at is modding service for G5s in China.

I'll shoot that guy a PM and see if he wants to divulge anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: g5, power plug, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy