Asus GT210

Thunderbolt

50 posts in this topic

now load the NVdia kexts, but you not have QE/CI, try this command Terminal for see your correct PCIRootUID= ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID" and use GraphicsEnabler=No because you card is inject in DSDT, now send me a new ioreg

0xffffff7f80d2e000

0x2da000

com.apple.NVDAResman

(7.1.8)

<70 69 9 5 4 3 1>

0xffffff7f81008000

0x322000

com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal

(7.1.8)

<71 4 3>

0xffffff7f8132a000

0x5000

com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X

(7.0.0)

<62 7 4 3 1>

0xffffff7f81337000

0xc0000

com.apple.GeForce

now load the NVdia kexts, but you not have QE/CI,

Which Nvidia kexts do I load ? The thing is if I remove the EFI string my resolution drops back, and of course as I mentioned earlier GE=Yes gives me a blank screen after bootup, ok then no GE=yes only GE=No . Do you want me to put the EFI string back in chameleon boot ?

ETA ten mins. This is for Lion

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID" gave nothing

Mac Pro.zip

install the kext lspci.kext, and yes the efi string can help

lspci.kext , hmm is this is the one in /Extra/RemovedExtensions ? if that's the one I am reinstalling it and putting in the EFI string back and sending you a new ioreg. std by.

installed lspci pkg from osx86.net, ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID" still blank but ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" does show output.

NVEnabler 64 kaput, blank screen , so just moved it away. BTW is it because of the OS not finding the correct PCI slot for the GT210 it goes blank ? I have a DSDT which contains my HD 7750 and the same thing happens in ML with my Radeon HD 7750.

withefistringioreg.zip

you have make a Efistring or have copy one from other card ? now this show correct in your ioreg, show NVCAP and NVPM, I go inject the NVCAP in DSDT for test if this work.

try this code if no output not load the kext, try repairPermission with Disk Utility, than with KW, reboot

sudo lspci -nn

sudo kextstat -l

EDIT: the package fail,install the kext what I post

you have make a Efistring or have copy one from other card ? now this show correct in your ioreg, show NVCAP and NVPM, I go inject the NVCAP in DSDT for test if this work.

sorry did not understand.

Do you want the EFI string ? and how do I inject NVCAP in the DSDT , do you mean I you want the current DSDT ?

I am just thinking could this be also an issue due to the AMD kernel ?

lspci -nn :- 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0a65] (rev a2)

sudo kextstat -l :-

5 0xffffff7f80ca3000 0x38000 0x38000 com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily (2.3.2) <9 7 5 4 3>

68 2 0xffffff7f80cdb000 0x12000 0x12000 com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport (2.3.2) <67 9 7 5 4 3>

69 2 0xffffff7f80ced000 0x2da000 0x2da000 com.apple.NVDAResman (7.1.8) <68 67 9 5 4 3 1>

70 0 0xffffff7f80fc7000 0x322000 0x322000 com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal (7.1.8) <69 4 3>

72 0 0xffffff7f812ee000 0xc0000 0xc0000 com.apple.GeForce (7.1.8) <

I can see it is loading these kexts.

Yes sir I do have the EFI string in the boot.plist.

I hope you mean that I should try PCIRootUID=0 or 1 or 2 in the boot flags , am I correct ?

PCIRootUID=0 no qe/ci.

Going to try PCIRootUID=1 all these are with GE=No.

Nope 0 or 1 does not work. Let me try with the NVenabler 64 and play with the PCIroot. please std by.

try this please and see your , in ioreg this display 1

Correct Value PCIRootUID:find the correct PCIRootUID value: ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

| | | "_UID" = "0"

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>0</string>

try this DSDT.aml put in Extra and reboot

i' ve your same card with same id 0x0a6510de i've manage geforce, nvdaresman, NVDANV50Hal and nvenabler kexts and now work fully vga and dvi tested

Try this my kexts:

Asus GT210.zip (3.1 MB)

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3617

and add this keys to o.c.b.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-f npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

tell me if it work..

i' ve your same card with same id 0x0a6510de i've manage geforce, nvdaresman, NVDANV50Hal and nvenabler kexts and now work fully vga and dvi tested

Try this my kexts:

Asus GT210.zip (3.1 MB)

http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3617

and add this keys to o.c.b.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-f npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

tell me if it work..

Not working , NVEnabler still causes blank screen on the login.

Then I tried the new kernel and pushed it in 32bit mode NVEnabler with GE=Yes and no EFI, logged in but resolution down to 1280x800 and no QE/CI. Will go home after work and try again

Put Mountain Lion on hold for a while, if you cannot bear the lack of QE/CI: none of the current AMD kernels for ML (or 10.7.5, if you ask) supports nVidia graphics because of a bug. No injection or any known workaround will help. If you can live without QE/CI, simply remove the GeForceGA.plugin and the GeForceGLDriver.bundle from S/L/E to get full resolution. Since there's no idea of the causes of that bug, don't expect it to be squashed soon.

:)

If you want to try Lion, there are both the kernel of IiTz Shane (10.7.4, 64-bit) and latest Bronzovka (10.7.4, 32-bit -force64) which are reported to work well.

Good luck.

P.S.: The AMD kernels for Mountain Lion seem to work better with ATI cards, but some also will give you problems at this stage of kernel development. I won't recommend you to buy ATI, unless you were planning to do it anyway. Instead, i advise you to wait for a more stable ML kernel, staying for a while with Lion/Snow Leopard.

Aha so my feelings were correct regarding the AMD kernels and Nvidia, BTW I have two cards Radeon HD 7750 (Of course it requires the 10.8.3 ) and the GT210 :), so I am using SL right now 10.6.8.

You mention the kernel for 10.7.5 supports Nvidia , but I am not using 10.7.5 but 10.7.4 , so would those 10.7.4 kernel work with Nvidia

BTW thanks for KERNEL LINK

• 1 month later...

I have Asus en 210 1 GB running on 10.7.3 . I used the kexts from osx 86 database.

My o.c.b. has GE-yes. Npci=0x3000 darkwake=0

No efi string added.

Haven't added pcirootuid entry. Not sure what difference it makes. Though checked through a terminal entry it's on 4.

My 22 inch screen has full resolution and system info fully detects the card. Over Dvi.

But I think I don't have full graphics probably what's called qe-ci as launch pad flickers and animations are not smooth.

Please suggest what to change to get complete graphic acceleration.

To watch hd videos.

UPDATE : Installed latest official drivers from Nvidia , I now have QE/CI + OpenCL

Yippie yeah......

Edited by vigyan

• 2 months later...