• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Let me just give a quick hint, kexts from iMacs or Macbook pros won't make any difference (already tried for my g75vw). There is some binary patching required but no one could figure them out.
To summarize : you got at the same level as us (G75vw) except that we also have bluetooth working natively. And the thread has been dead for so long i believe many dropped the hackintosh idea.

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Well thanks for the hint. I'm still hoping something will change with maverick. To think I was better off with my old dell optiplex 745...wow

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

*Edit* I've been following the guide at ####### with some edits of my own since the mountain lion kexts differ slightly from the lion ones used in the guide. So far, I've gotten mac to recognize my graphics card (all 3 gb's of it) but still no graphics acceleration. I believe that's because this graphics card isn't supported by mac.

A picture of the display properties is attached.

Edit 2: Before I inject my graphics card properties into chameleon, it shows up under pci cards in the system information app. However, after I inject the graphics card properties, the system information app says no pci cards detected. 

Attached Files

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

It seems that I can inject whatever I want into chameleon for the graphics card and the system profiler will display whatever, but still no actual graphics acceleration :(

However, I did find the kext for the wireless card (BCM4352) and bluetooth from osxlatitude. I uploaded it here: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=4047

The wifi works like a charm but the bluetooth is still a no go. 

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

After some failed attempts at editing the nvidia kexts, it seems that the best route is to just put in the id's for my 670mx and not another one. Unfortunately, in order for me to get graphics accel, I need nvdaresman. So until there's an update with fakesmc it looks like there won't be any graphics acceleration

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Ok. So I think I edited the nvidia kexts right but I need nvdaresman.kext and everytime I install it, it hangs on startup. The weird thing is that I don't see anything out of the ordinary when booting in verbose mode. Any feedback would be appreciated

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
if you remove fakesmc, leave nvdaresman and boot verbose, the system won't boot but it may gives you a clue about Fakesmc is giving conflicts with nvdaresman. The key must be a binary patch to nvdaresman or patch fakesmc. Patching kakesmc is easier because there is source code for that

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

In case I do get this patched, I already modified NVDAStartup.kext for the 670mx: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=4059

I also modified fakesmc to have the smc version of the actual MacBook Pro 10,1 (which is the smbios I'm using). Supposedly that should bring about performance improvements: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=4065

The kext for the wifi and bluetooth (thought the bluetooth didn't work for me) was put on a previous post too.

So if I can get this patched, Everything will be working besides the bluetooth which is no big deal to me.

Finally, how do you know it's fakesmc causing the issues? When I boot with nvdaresman and fakesmc installed, the verbose shows nothing out of the ordinary, it just hangs there. I even removed fakesmc and installed nvdareman but still nothing out of the ordinary

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

ok. I've been looking at the source code here: https://github.com/k.../master/FakeSMC

and noticed that in the description it says that the nvram is not used by default but can be force enabled by using the kernel flag 

-fakesmc-use-nvram

I wonder if enabling nvram would change anything. 

I'm using the kozlek version

*edit* Tried again using the force enabling command but still got the same results. Seemingly normal boot but never reached the login screen

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Still no progress on the graphics acceleration but I did accidentally find a kext for the keyboard backlight and hotkeys and possibly a better trackpad kext (didn't try the trackpad one). I had to create a dsdt and make and edit though to get the backlight to work.

Not all of the hotkeys work though. I got the volume keys, keyboard brightness keys, and media keys working. The wifi ones are still glitchy (because it's for bluetooth too which I dont have working yet) and the screen brightness ones aren't working at all. It's still better than nothing though.

Kext: http://www.osx86.net...us_laptops.html

If anyone knows anything about the fakesmc source code and stuff please let me know. I don't know much about it.

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Excellent work. When my notebook returns from RMA I can colaborate. Sadly, for sure I will wait a month.

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Thanks. I think that the screen brightness keys will work once we get the graphics working because the brightness slider doesn't appear in the display in system preferences either.

The developers of the bluetooth kext are working on the bugs so maybe it'll work sometime down the road too

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I haven' t experienced any bluetooth problem since I changed the wifi card. I rebrand a Toshiba broadcom to Apple AirPort so my system has no bluetooth but detects the wifi card as an official airpot one.

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I don't know much about the actual source code for fakesmc and stuff so I'll just wait until you get your laptop back NiPe

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
ok

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Hey I think you need to inject the correct connector-type, display-cfg, connector-flags. My theory is that kepler desktop cards and some mobile are working because the type of the conector they use Display port, DVI are working with the detection the driver itself is doing, but if your first display is LVDS like in your case the driver detection is not working. So try to inject with an EFI string.

If you like to try it out let me know and I can generate for you some EFI strings

Good luck

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I'll try that out. Could you generate an efi string for the 670mx? I did but wasn't competely sure on what connectors to inject

nyu1985

nyu1985

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi,

You can find attach my IORegistry in order to make an EFI String for the gtx 670mx. I tried to make one myself but didn't work.

Unfortunately, I got it without NVDResman loaded because I was unable to log into my G75 via vnc...

Hope it will help.

Attached Files

nyu1985

nyu1985

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Maybe you can use an extract from Aida64 to create the EFI String ?

If yes, tell me which one and I can provide it as I'm still under windows 8.

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

OK Bad news:

My notebook returned from RMA. Once in my hands I did the same thing that broke the BIOS before:

Disable Legacy USB
Enable USB 3 (Changed from AUTO to ENABLED)
Save and Exit

The notebook died again. Same situation than before. Power on, backlit on and off, black screen forever.

I disabled Legacy USB cause my external drives are disconnecting suddenly in windows 8 when I copy a lot of very large files from one disk to other. Disabling Legacy USB solver the question. And to boot ML correctly, of course

They fixed the BIOS without replacing the motherboard cause I mini-marked it before send it to the RMA. The same MOBO returned.

QUESTION:

Do you know a way to BIOS recovery mode entering with some combination of buttons to reflash the BIOS?

I started this thread in ROG forums:

http://rog.asus.com/...75VX-BIOS-Issue

Then replied a thread in OverClock forums inquiring about it:

http://www.overclock...working-bios/10

And then replied another ROG forum about it too:

http://rog.asus.com/...riked-G75/page8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy