Intel AMD i5 i7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
Stumbled upon a site that compares CPUs for you - Intel v Intel, Intel v AMD, i5 v i7, etc... Its a pretty cool site and hopefully this will help you pick your next processor.

Attached File  cpuboss.com.png   5.56KB   8 downloads

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
One more site worth (IMO) visiting:
https://helpdesk.wis...age.php?id=4927

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Well, Think about it like this....

Q. How many cores dos OS X need?

A 1. If it needs 2 cores and 2 threads then a Intel Core 2 Duo with the highest CPU speed.
A 2. If it takes 4 cores and 4 threads then Intel Core 2 Extreme again with high CPU speed.
A 3. Intel i7 takes 4 cores and 8 threads but dos OS X need that many cores and threads?

Also to mention what would you be doing on your Mac?
Facetime HD? Intel Core 2 Extreme
Photo editing? Intel Core 2 Duo
Video editing and Music editing? Intel i7

AMD's in my eyes isn't made for Macs

santa1

santa1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
If you look only for a CPU model (frecv, cores and so on) you risk to make a disequilibrate computer, you need to coordonate a CPU with speed of RAM, speed of GPU and the spped of HDD to avoid bottlenecks.
So the CPU it self not say much about a computer and his capabilities.

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

If you look only for a CPU model (frecv, cores and so on) you risk to make a disequilibrate computer, you need to coordonate a CPU with speed of RAM, speed of GPU and the spped of HDD to avoid bottlenecks.

:) true

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...

If you look only for a CPU model (frec, v, cores and so on) you risk to make a disequilibrate computer, you need to coordonate a CPU with speed of RAM, speed of GPU and the speed of HDD to avoid bottlenecks.

Agreed - By no means should this be the ONLY tool you use, these tools are here just to help you pick the CPU. Perhaps I'll start a thread that is more generic so people can post online resources for helping choose the best system components for their needs/budget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy