Trying to install OSX on a Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook "still waiting for root device" error

djm20

31 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

ok, i dropped this project a while back but i dont like to quit so im back to give it another try.

I never deleted my install usb i made a while back so i tried the fakesmc kext thats posted above and now i actually see a line where it says it was initialized

but i am still getting the "still waiting for root device" error

I tried various boot flags and no luck.

it gets stuck after it prints out the line that says com.AppleCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded or something like that

if anyone has had any success with this laptop, please reply and inform me what i am doing wrong or how you did it.thank you

you can try this way it work for me.

you can partition one small boot like 8 Gb for boot from window, and one for OSX like 30Gb on the same hard drive of a laptop. then take that laptop hard drive and you can connect it via USB enclosure to a working "mac". you would use disk utility to erase the 2 new partition to "mac os extended" journal, then myhack installer to that 8 Gb,

when done you need you can swap it back to you laptop and boot with PciRoot=1.

that is my case. Same hard drive for boot install and run OSX on a laptop.

you can try this way it work for me.

you can partition one small boot like 8 Gb for boot from window, and one for OSX like 30Gb on the same hard drive of a laptop. then take that laptop hard drive and you can connect it via USB enclosure to a working "mac". you would use disk utility to erase the 2 new partition to "mac os extended" journal, then myhack installer to that 8 Gb,

when done you need you can swap it back to you laptop and boot with PciRoot=1.

that is my case. Same hard drive for boot install and run OSX on a laptop.

the problem isnt about making the install usb, its about initializing the installer.

yes to initializing the installer that is its work, why, I don't know from deep info, because I try many way and that is worked, you don't have to follow what is that advice but it is not harm to try, and if it is successful who earn the benefit.