• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I just download it via proxy server. Sendspace seem to block my isp or country :P

thanks LoveableGeek

=============
update: it work. :) i love u orByte.

Cheers! Thanks folks. Glad it works.

Best.

chinchampu

chinchampu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
DFI lanparty NF4-ultraD + nvidia 7800gt working with your KEXT.

In fact using a ps2 to usb converter for the keyboard and a usb mouse :P

(i have no keyboard during bios bootup but that is a minor quirk that does not matter to me)

Also when os x gui boots a dialog box saying that an usb device is drawing too much current and it is going to deactivate the hub it is connected to. anyway its a minor inconvenience.

Another problem :When copying data to a memory card using a usb2 memory card reader finder hangs, not always in the same point.

Thanks a lot orByte! :D

Edited by chinchampu, 14 January 2007 - 09:52 AM.

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

DFI lanparty NF4-ultraD + nvidia 7800gt working with your KEXT.

Also when os x gui boots a dialog box saying that an usb device is drawing too much current and it is going to deactivate the hub it is connected to. anyway its a minor inconvenience.

Another problem :When copying data to a memory card using a usb2 memory card reader finder hangs, not always in the same point.
Thanks a lot orByte! :pirate2:

It could be that the PS2 to USB converter is registered as a hub. If you have a jumper on the motherboard, that supplies current to the USB ports, it might help.

On the second problem: I suspect this is some kind of NF4-interaction problem. If I ever get my hands on a DFI board I ll have a look. Or is the card reader being read as a hub? It could also be the card reader itself.

Best

chinchampu

chinchampu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It could be that the PS2 to USB converter is registered as a hub. If you have a jumper on the motherboard, that supplies current to the USB ports, it might help.

On the second problem: I suspect this is some kind of NF4-interaction problem. If I ever get my hands on a DFI board I ll have a look. Or is the card reader being read as a hub? It could also be the card reader itself.

Best

Mmm maybe its the ps2 to usb converter, but the keyboard keeps working even that it says that is has disabled the hub.

Maybe the card reader is picky with the nf4, works ok in win and linux though.

Thanks again for your great work (*me happily moves his usb mouse*) :(

Ill try to have some time to do some tests by booting with different things plugged.

Edited by chinchampu, 14 January 2007 - 11:11 PM.

Big Bill

Big Bill

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just wanted to add a report that this driver fixes the "no USB" problem with my HP Compaq Presario C300 (same as HP G3000) family machine. The BIOS on these machines doesn't have an option to disable legacy USB support.

Perhaps the machine references will help other users searching for the fix to this problem.

kikos

kikos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Thanks for the fix. USB now working on nForce4 mobo (Shuttle XPC SN25P) in 10.4.8.

Edited by kikos, 24 January 2007 - 03:56 AM.

rwk

rwk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I am using PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a on a Shuttle SN26P (nforce 4) machine because it was having the USB BIOS problem. It fixed everything but one problem remains...

I have a Logitech bluetooth mx-5000 keyboard/mouse which came with a USB/Bluetooth dongle. The dongle is recognized and shows up in the USB section of the System Profiler. The keyboard seems to work, but the mouse doesn't. Strangely, moving the mouse causes the volume settings to go up and down. The sound card is also a USB device - Creative Live! 24 USB.

I have an old Mac PowerPC so I tried the dongle/kb/mouse on it and it all works perfectly with no setup or configuration.

Since the USB did not work at all before your PCGenUSBEHCI driver, I do not know if it would have worked with the original AppleUSBEHCI.

Can anyone suggest a fix or anything which might clarify the problem?

Thanks,
{censored}

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
I think that my problem is related with the usb driver , that's why I will ask here.
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 usb sound card , it is working, 5.1 sound, bla bla, but .. from time to time I hear some click's and distorsions especially when I play dvd's.... under windows, on the same machine, is working ok .. searching the forums (not in here) they told me that is something wrong with usb letancy (?! - no idea what that is ). Can this driver be used with an intel mb ? (is a intel D 945 GNTD mainboard) - I wish to try the driver, but since on the entire house I have only usb mouse and keyboards..... I am afraid that if something will go wrong, I will be stuck .... with an osx reinstall.... and I have a lot of data's on osx hdd - I keep windows on a small and old 30 GB hdd.... and osx on my new 500GB hdd...... any idea or suggestions ?

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I am using PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a on a Shuttle SN26P (nforce 4) machine because it was having the USB BIOS problem. It fixed everything but one problem remains...

I have a Logitech bluetooth mx-5000 keyboard/mouse which came with a USB/Bluetooth dongle. The dongle is recognized and shows up in the USB section of the System Profiler. The keyboard seems to work, but the mouse doesn't. Strangely, moving the mouse causes the volume settings to go up and down. The sound card is also a USB device - Creative Live! 24 USB.

I have an old Mac PowerPC so I tried the dongle/kb/mouse on it and it all works perfectly with no setup or configuration.

Since the USB did not work at all before your PCGenUSBEHCI driver, I do not know if it would have worked with the original AppleUSBEHCI.

Can anyone suggest a fix or anything which might clarify the problem?

Thanks,
{censored}

Have you downloaded the Logitech control panel for your x86 Mac? Also, I tend to get a related odd volume/mouse issue when the mouse batteries are running low.

Best.

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I think that my problem is related with the usb driver , that's why I will ask here.
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 usb sound card , it is working, 5.1 sound, bla bla, but .. from time to time I hear some click's and distorsions especially when I play dvd's.... under windows, on the same machine, is working ok .. searching the forums (not in here) they told me that is something wrong with usb letancy (?! - no idea what that is ). Can this driver be used with an intel mb ? (is a intel D 945 GNTD mainboard) - I wish to try the driver, but since on the entire house I have only usb mouse and keyboards..... I am afraid that if something will go wrong, I will be stuck .... with an osx reinstall.... and I have a lot of data's on osx hdd - I keep windows on a small and old 30 GB hdd.... and osx on my new 500GB hdd...... any idea or suggestions ?

OK, unless your USB Mouse & Keyboard are EHCI, you will be OK. Most Mouse & Keyboards are OHCI/UHCI, so you should be fine. If worse comes to worse, you can always boot up with the install CD and then use the terminal to replace the backed up copy of the AppleEHCI. (You do have a backup copy right??)

Now, onto the cracks.... It is possile that the driver will help BUT most likely not. Why? I suspect that the cracks are caused b/c the EHCI USB driver does not have clock registration. All EHCI drivers not running on Mac x86 hardware will suffer from this, as the driver code fails to detect the on-board clock. This is an area that I have marked for mods but really don't know when exactly I will be getting to it (possibly after I finish the uli626x port) - it looks simple but could turn out to be hairy.

Best

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Tanks ! the sound is much better now - still some cracking on some movies, but at least not so often like before. Maybe, if you will manage to implement and the corect clock ... TANKS !

soundgardo

soundgardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Thank you so much!
PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a works great with the system in sign! :whistle:

Lord Robin3K

Lord Robin3K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi orByte,

I'm new here in this forum, and i also can't download that "PCGenUSBEHCI-261.4.2a.zip"
CAN YOU SEND THAT FILE TO ME WITH THIS EMAIL: ccvannak@gmail.com PLEASE?

Thanks,
Vannak
;)

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi orByte,

I'm new here in this forum, and i also can't download that "PCGenUSBEHCI-261.4.2a.zip"
CAN YOU SEND THAT FILE TO ME WITH THIS EMAIL: ccvannak@gmail.com PLEASE?

Thanks,
Vannak
:unsure:

Hi sorry but I do not send emails. Try a public proxy server: http://www.publicproxyservers.com. Or perhaps some one else will do so.

Best.

rwk

rwk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Have you downloaded the Logitech control panel for your x86 Mac? Also, I tend to get a related odd volume/mouse issue when the mouse batteries are running low.

Best.

Yes I had downloaded the latest LogitechUSBHIDevices.kext (which is what I assume you are referring to). I.e., the package is included in the file from Logitech lcc213.dmg.

Also, the mouse is less than two months old and is rechargable (being recharged every night). It works flawlessly under Windows XP and on OSX10.4.8 on an old powerpc mac so I doubt there is a problem with the batteries.

I very much appreciate your suggestions...

Do you have any other ideas I can try?

Thanks,
rwk

rwk

rwk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Best.

UPDATE!!!

I read in another forum that the logitech contro center drivers do not work on os-x with bluetooth. But it also said that the SteerMouse driver *DO* work. So I installed them and yes, they fixed it!

Found them here:

www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/drivers/steermouse.html

Thanks for a great underlying driver that allowed me to get off the ground.

For the record, your driver solves the BIOS control problem for the SHUTTLE SN26P MOTHERBOARD!

Slip

Slip

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Thanks

Works on EVGA mATX NF44 USB replug on boot problem fixed

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Well, how it is working the ULI implementation ?- to be honest ... I am interested in the clock registration .. ans as you have write on the forum .. maybe after ULI support will be ready .. so ..

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Well, how it is working the ULI implementation ?- to be honest ... I am interested in the clock registration .. ans as you have write on the forum .. maybe after ULI support will be ready .. so ..

:rolleyes: Hmmm.... I see .... Uli is halfway there - can get mac addr & activate interface & local ping. But now comes the hard part, which is packet transmission & reception....

However, I am keeping clock reg in mind ...

Best.

mtakach

mtakach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
is there an automated version of this driver out there? the last time I followed someones instructions which told me to delete kext files my system died on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy