Generic USB2.0 (EHCI) Driver

orByte

474 posts in this topic

hi orByte,

now it seems this extension fits perfectly , i found nothing about unloaded extensions, just found over current message. This caused my synaptic pad not working.

this is my log

USBF: 14.138 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF: 14.138 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0040000

USBF: 14.138 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned

USBF: 14.138 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

USBF: 14.175 AppleUSBEHCI[0x19e7800]::start EHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0x1868)

USB caused wake event (EHCI)

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0x1860)

USBF: 14.286 [0x1ad1a00] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0xfd000000)

USBF: 14.287 AppleUSBHubPort[0x1aa5800]::DefaultOverCrntChangeHandler. OverCurrent condition in Port 1

USB Notification: The device "EHCI Root Hub Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The hub it is attached to has been disabled

USBF: 14.307 [0x1ad1600] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x1d000000)

USBF: 14.310 [0x1ad1400] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x3d000000)

USBF: 14.312 [0x1ad1200] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x5d000000)

thanks

Disconnect all external USB devices, reboot, open the Console->System Log, then start plugging external devices in one-by-one. Then pls, post which one causes overcurrent. (Is it an external HD? - if yes, you might need an external power supply for it) Thanks.

Best.

hi all,

simple question: did anybody get his/her system to start with a USB2.0-HDD already?

- I installed JaS10.4.8 on an exteral drive and it worked as I switched off the EHCI setting in the bios. With EHCI on, it wouldn't find my external disk...

- I tried the patch and it seems to work, I get all the good USBF-lines after the kernel-load, but then, same(?) problem, the system won't find the disk anymore: waiting... waiting etc.

any thoughts?

thanks to community allready, it's my first post and I read a lot the last days and I got a os x working with graphics and lan, rolleyes.gif not everything is tested yet, but I will post some feedback in other threads and the wiki hopefully in the next days...

system: shuttle SK83G, chipset: via K8M800, sempron 3000+ (754 R6), lan: via VT6103, graphic: ati radeon 9600 aiw.

best...

------------

try before you buy... whistle.gif

I apologize if this is a stupid question but how do I install the kext? Do I just copy the file in the plugins folder then type this inside of the commnand window?

sudo su

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext

cp -R <path to>/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

:hysterical:

I read the install instructions but i dont get them

Hi orByte,

I tryed the debug kext. I can not see any special output in the system log. The kext shows loaded in the profiler thou. Anyway I attached the log here. There are 3 boots on it. The first before adding your kext, the other two with it and without the appleusbEHCI. Hope it helps....

SYS_LOG.rtf

Hi orByte, Hi everybody else.

After updating my Laptop's BIOS to the latest version, Mac OS x86 would not detect storage volumes connected via USB anymore (neither with 8.4.1 nor 8.8.1 kernel), giving an EHCI error message during verbose bootup: the BIOS coders over @ Toshiba had evidently changed something about the EHCI implementation - whyever. In Windows, however, I could not recognize any change. So I tried these kexts here --> bingo :thumbsup_anim: !

Because I like one-click solutions I wrote a lil installer script for both versions. Each installer even makes backups of already existing files into a folder "Extensions_backup" on your Desktop.

ou find both installers attached as compressed Apple Disk Images.

nJoy :censored2:

Bugs.

PCGenUSBEHCI_2.6.1a_Installer.dmg

PCGenUSBEHCI_2.5.6a_Installer.dmg

Edited by BugsBunny

News Update: (19/02/07)

---------------------------------------------------

I can no longer edit the original post, as the time limit for editing that post has expired. So any new changes/amends etc will be coming from this point onwards.

(1). Thanks to bugsbunny for his automated installers. The links are available in the above post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=306234

Otherwise, the kexts remain available at page 1 as usual.

(2). Currently spending most of my time on the Uli network driver and looking for a way to get USB support on the Tosh A60. But... no promises....

(3). Next up is USB clock registration.

Best.

Have any of you guys seen this situation before?

I did the PCgeneric install and now I can see the USB high speed bus in system profiler but the OS do not mount the USB external hard disk.

I can even see the disk listed under the USB bus (pleae, see screen dump attached).But it will not mount.

post-41792-1171924296_thumb.png

i tried with an USB pen drive and the same happens. I can see it butwill not mount.

BUT if I erase PCGenUSBEHCI.kext I loose the High speed bus in the system profiler but now the disk and the pen drive mounts without problem, but they work at only USB 1.1 speeds.

Any suggestions to get USB 2.0?

tks

Ric

Emachines M6811 laptop

AMD

Via chipset

Have any of you guys seen this situation before?

I did the PCgeneric install and now I can see the USB high speed bus in system profiler but the OS do not mount the USB external hard disk.

I can even see the disk listed under the USB bus (pleae, see screen dump attached).But it will not mount.

post-41792-1171924296_thumb.png

i tried with an USB pen drive and the same happens. I can see it butwill not mount.

BUT if I erase PCGenUSBEHCI.kext I loose the High speed bus in the system profiler but now the disk and the pen drive mounts without problem, but they work at only USB 1.1 speeds.

Any suggestions to get USB 2.0?

tks

Ric

Emachines M6811 laptop

AMD

Via chipset

Any error messages? E.g. Diskarb? or USB?

What version of IOUSBStorageFamily are you running? Try 1.4.1.

Hope it helps

Best

Any error messages? E.g. Diskarb? or USB?

What version of IOUSBStorageFamily are you running? Try 1.4.1.

Hope it helps

Best

Hi orByte,

No error messages for now.

What extension are you refering to? I don't have any one named like you say "IOUSBStorageFamily".

Instead I have:

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

If you tell me which one to change I will do it. ( Need to fix this). You mean extracting old kext from an old DVD install? No problem, I have them all. :-)

Tks for your help

Ric

Edited by ricren

Hi orByte,

No error messages for now.

What extension are you refering to? I don't have any one named like you say "IOUSBStorageFamily".

Instead I have:

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

If you tell me which one to change I will do it. ( Need to fix this). You mean extracting old kext from an old DVD install? No problem, I have them all. :-)

Tks for your help

Ric

Hi yes, thanks for the heads up. I meant version 1.4.1 of the IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext.

Best

For anyone having troubles with USB, here'a a general approach path:

1) install the latest USB updates from Apple for your system, reboot

if that didn't help:

2) install orByte's EHCI kext from here (the appropriate one for your kernel

if that didn't help:

3) install a BIOS update for your MoBo

if that didn't help:

4) install the latest hacked Mac OS x86 distro (now: JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.v1p.and.Deviant.patch.iso as seen on demonoid).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone having trouble with the .dmgs I uploaded: something (the boardsoft? Safari? Firefox?) seems to have turned them into .zip during uplaod. When downloaded with Safari just rename from .dmg.zip to .dmg (remove the .zip). When downloaded with Firefox the .dmgs are recognized as zip and open either with BOMArchiveHelper or Stuffit Expander.

I had archived them with DropDMG. I now used Apple's Disk Utility to compress them and attached these new versions to this posting. They now also include a uninstaller.

[EDIT] same thing, doesn't have anything to do with the dmg format, it's most likely a boardsoft bug - stupid. Well now you know what to do. The installers are DEPENDENT on installing out of volumes with specific names ..

nJoy installing(/uninstalling)

PCGenUSBEHCI_2.5.6a_Installer.dmg

PCGenUSBEHCI_2.6.1a_Installer.dmg

Edited by BugsBunny

orByte do you know were I can get IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext version 1.4.1? USB 2.0 seems to work great on my K8T800 Pro, it shows up in the apple info and says that the device is assigned to "disk2" but when i go into the dev directory that device isnt there so I cant mount it.

EDIT: I have downloaded som old mac os x but cannot find IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, in which directory is it supposed to be? Im looking in a JaS 10.4.7 release.

Edited by Common Sense

orByte do you know were I can get IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext version 1.4.1? USB 2.0 seems to work great on my K8T800 Pro, it shows up in the apple info and says that the device is assigned to "disk2" but when i go into the dev directory that device isnt there so I cant mount it.

EDIT: I have downloaded som old mac os x but cannot find IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, in which directory is it supposed to be? Im looking in a JaS 10.4.7 release.

Look in /System/Library/Extensions - or get the Apple 10.4.8 delta update & unpack it with Pacifist to a temp location, and then you should be able to find the file there.

Best

Im am booting from a usb hard drive my System detects 10.4.8 and boots from it all goes well until i get the error message "Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBECHI" and then repeats the message "Still waiting for devices". Leading up to this error the code reads "kld():Underfined symbols:

__ZN24I0BufferMemoryDescriptor17getVirtualSegmentEmPm

kld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.AppleUSBEHCI

Im useing a AMD Turion 64

2gb ram

2x Nvidia 512mb geForce 7950

Note I used a different Computer to install this (this is because the computer i want to use it on didnt detect the usb hard drive but me dell desktop did).

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Im am booting from a usb hard drive my System detects 10.4.8 and boots from it all goes well until i get the error message "Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBECHI" and then repeats the message "Still waiting for devices". Leading up to this error the code reads "kld():Underfined symbols:

__ZN24I0BufferMemoryDescriptor17getVirtualSegmentEmPm

kld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.AppleUSBEHCI

Im useing a AMD Turion 64

2gb ram

2x Nvidia 512mb geForce 7950

Note I used a different Computer to install this (this is because the computer i want to use it on didnt detect the usb hard drive but me dell desktop did).

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Was the dell an intel? That could create issues. Undefined symbols = mismatch between PCGenEHCI version and installed OSX. But couldn't tell you which framework etc - Though my best guess would be that you are having problems with the Kernel.Framework.

Best

@ Carlos Pombo: the kernel you are using only fires up one core right now.

Please ask in the forum if there is a kernel mod for AMD 64 which fires up both available cores.

Hi everybody! Now i have working the USB ports thanks to the installer made for BugsBunny!!!

Now i have a few questions i hope can anybody help me.

I have a USB Cordless Multimedia Kit (Bundled with my HP Pavilion a367c), and HP Wireless Optical 5 Button Mouse with USB Cradle, this 2 are under the USB Bus, they can't be under USB High-Speed Bus? because this two are 2.0 hardware, i feel the keyb a little slower when i typing, and i can't use the second mouse, it can respond to button & the scroll wheel, but when i try to move it only appears some ghost of the pointer, but the pointer still in the same place. Any idea? There in nothing under the USB High Speed Bus.

Thanks for all!!!