Edit [Jan 29 2013]: Uploaded fresh build - v2.8.2d6 from branches/zdev@r86. Main changes are
- Shows channel types in Sound preference Pane.
- InhibitCache=false setting is safe now with ATI & Nvidia controllers, and probably also works with most HDA controllers.
- Updated HDA & Codec lists.
- Minor fix to MSI interrupt handling.
Link VoodooHDA 2.8.1.
Edit [Jan 13 2013]: Uploaded rebuild of 2.8.1 to fix regression described in post #10. There was a conflict with AppleHDA.kext. [They can coexist now.]
Edit [Jan 11 2013]: Uploaded rebuild of 2.8.1 with
- Improvement for the delay at audio start.
- Default sample rates are limited to 48KHz.
- some issues with data safely for multi-HDA-controller support.
- panic when verbose level set to 2.
- Updating of prefPane volume knob and settings at bottom of window.
- Setting InhibitCache=false in Info.plist now really enables caching. [Note: keep this value at true if caching causes problems.]
- Low volume after sleep (now all mixer settings restored.)
Edit [Jan 6 2013]: Slice has released 2.8.0, with bug fix and improvements to the codec component inter-connection algorithm. Output now mixes PCM and inputs from microphone/line-in. Some audio feedback loops are eliminated. Built from r75.
Link VoodooHDA 2.7.6.
Edit [Jan 3 2013]: New version based on r73. All component now support systems with multiple HDA controllers. This is useful for people who have a 2nd HDA controller providing HDMI audio on a video card.
- prefPane has a new selector for choosing HDA controller to configure. Saves settings for all HDA controllers.
- SettingsLoader loads settings for all HDA controllers.
- Format of settings file has been changed (to support multiple HDA), and is now stored in ~/Library/Preferences/VoodooHDA.settings.plist.
- If you have previous settings you'd like to keep, run VoodooHdaSettingsLoader once before running the prefPane. This will upgrade your old settings file (VoodooHDA.settings in same location) to the new format.
- VoodooHDA.kext is now safe for multiple instances and getdump dumps codecs from all of them.
- OS 10.6 and above.
Link VoodooHDA 2.7.6d2.
I fixed a bug in VoodooHDA that was causing random KPs during startup, built a fresh version and uploaded.
- Fresh of build VoodooHDA.kext with bugfix. Should work on OS 10.6 and above. Built from r70, versioned 2.7.6d2. [Install in /S/L/E]
- Fresh build of VoodooHDA.prefPane. [Install in ~/Library/PreferencePanes]
- VoodooHdaSettingsLoader from sourceforge.
- fresh build of getdump (r70), modified to dump codecs from all HDA controllers in the system.
Edit [1/1/2013]: Fixed 2nd potential KP found by neurostatic (posts #2, #4), incorporated into r70.
Edited by Zenith432, 06 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.