Is there anyway to install iTunes 11 on a OSX86 box running 10.6.4?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SittingNow

SittingNow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi all,

I've been successfully running 10.6.4 on a Dell Studio 540 now for well over a year. It runs like a dream, but I cannot update it past 10.6.4. I recently got an iPhone 5, and low and behold, it won't run on the version of iTunes that I am stuck at (10.6.3).

Is there any way to trick the programe (or the OS) into installing 11 on this setup?

Thanks in advance.

SittingNow

SittingNow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Bounce

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
How can't you update past 10.6.4?

SittingNow

SittingNow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
The mobo is being difficult. When I run the update, it just gives me loading screen error, and then restarts. It's common to this box.

Tona102

Tona102

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am running 10.6.8, obviously, the iTunes 11 installed itself somehow... Works GREAT! APART FROM MY ILOK! :wallbash:

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts

The mobo is being difficult. When I run the update, it just gives me loading screen error, and then restarts. It's common to this box.

What do you mean by Loading error screen?

SittingNow

SittingNow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
It basically throws up that loading bar, then it freezes into the grey reset screen, This is a common issue with the Studio 540, I don't know of any cases of it going past 10.6.4.

I am running 10.6.8, obviously, the iTunes 11 installed itself somehow... Works GREAT! APART FROM MY ILOK! :wallbash:

I've never known anyone to actually use ILOk, is it any good?

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts

It basically throws up that loading bar, then it freezes into the grey reset screen, This is a common issue with the Studio 540, I don't know of any cases of it going past 10.6.4.

I've never known anyone to actually use ILOk, is it any good?

Try booting into safe boot ( -x ) and installing the update.

iceblade112

iceblade112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I believe there was a trick that supposedly changed your Hackintosh's version. That's how I got Xcode to work.
If I remember correctly, it was located at
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
. Use a plist editor and change it to something like 10.6.8. I'm still running on 10.6.2, seems to work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy