Is there anyway to install iTunes 11 on a OSX86 box running 10.6.4?

SittingNow

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been successfully running 10.6.4 on a Dell Studio 540 now for well over a year. It runs like a dream, but I cannot update it past 10.6.4. I recently got an iPhone 5, and low and behold, it won't run on the version of iTunes that I am stuck at (10.6.3).

Is there any way to trick the programe (or the OS) into installing 11 on this setup?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It basically throws up that loading bar, then it freezes into the grey reset screen, This is a common issue with the Studio 540, I don't know of any cases of it going past 10.6.4.

I am running 10.6.8, obviously, the iTunes 11 installed itself somehow... Works GREAT! APART FROM MY ILOK! :wallbash:

I've never known anyone to actually use ILOk, is it any good?

It basically throws up that loading bar, then it freezes into the grey reset screen, This is a common issue with the Studio 540, I don't know of any cases of it going past 10.6.4.

I've never known anyone to actually use ILOk, is it any good?

Try booting into safe boot ( -x ) and installing the update.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there was a trick that supposedly changed your Hackintosh's version. That's how I got Xcode to work.

If I remember correctly, it was located at

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

. Use a plist editor and change it to something like 10.6.8. I'm still running on 10.6.2, seems to work fine.