• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dinosaws

dinosaws

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello fellow members, I've ran into the issue on an AMD processor that is limiting me from install Hackintosh.

Here's the error/issue I am getting -

"Still waiting for root device"

I know AMD processors aren't ideal, but I am only wanting this for experimental reasons and to learn.

I am using a retail disk not a distro and I am using Nawcoms mod CD (burnt at 4kbs on a dual layer disk)

I am 100% stuck now and I don't know what to do, I hope some hackintosh fanatics/users would be able to assist me on my problem.

Here's my specs -

http://gyazo.com/7c3...d3a3b79cb644cf2

Edited by eep357, 27 November 2012 - 08:25 PM.
No need to offer any bribes

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,239 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

are u set in bios ahci or sata mode to u hd ?

if so read here

http://www.insanelym...or-root-device/

but amd is not the best way to learn about mac os x ...

good hack

dinosaws

dinosaws

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, in my bios I went to SATA configuration and it's set to AHCI mode.

My HD is also SATA so I am not really sure what information I should be pulling from that website - Also some point in the bootcd loading my retail disc of SL it states 'please updated Bootloader'. I am a newbie when it comes to Hackintosh so I really don't have a clue what I am supposed to do at this point. I've read around and tried most of the fixes others recommend but no luck..

I am still in need of assistance.

(also to the moderator/administrator that removed my part about paying, it wasn't so much of a bribe - just a thankful payment)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy