Sony VAIO S 2012 ML Success! (Ivy i5, HD 4000)

vaio sony 2012 mountain lion hd4000 ivybridge

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Smithingya

Smithingya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Did anyone manage to get the battery info working?
battery and sleep are the only things not working here.

hope there is still other people active on this topic.

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Good luck with sleep, I could get it working on the m6-1045dx (check out the guide for that), but only with some kext edits (well not edits, deleting and installing a couple), and even then it was only when on battery power, and it broke Bluetooth.

A little while ago I casually came across a possible fix for the Bluetooth thing, I kind of forget what that was, though :/, but you may not even have that issue.

The m6-1045dx guide also has kexts for battery, there's three, there WAS four, but the fourth kaused KPs, and its removal did not affect operation of the battery meter. Just google "m6-1045dx guide" it's up there in the list of results.

alphaomega

alphaomega

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Did anyone manage to get the battery info working?
battery and sleep are the only things not working here.

hope there is still other people active on this topic.

I got battery working. First I tried some voodoo battery kext with different dsdt files/with no dsdt, but it didn't work for me. I have a Sony Vaio S13 P (SVS13A2C5E).

Then I found this http://www.osx86.net..._need_dsdt.html and it worked without DSDT. You say everything works for you? Can you control brightness? Click on "About this Mac" without crashing Finder?

These are my main problems, CPU is kind of unrecognized and I can't make my own DSDT to improve compatibility.

thanh hoang

thanh hoang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I'm install Dual boot Windows 8 and Mac 10.8.4 on UEFI of Sony SVS13, Bootting very fast, No need driver USB on fist topic, i copy a kext IOUSBStorage and going to Flugin folder delete USBXHCI.kext, re install and reboot, my USB ok but no 3.0 but system have kernelcache....

midi :D

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Hi! 

I used pandora box! and it worked (maveriks final from AppStore!), I used chameleon ( I couldn't get to the os screen, but the installation worked fine) used Clover EFI and got to the os screen by selecting Inject EDID and fake id : 0x01660009 and InjectIntel and 'somthing'FB = 9 and Ports = 3 (for these 2 options, I really don't know what they do) but no graphics acceleration! And BTW, I choosed Delete Nvidia/ATI kexts while installing, and even disabled the card in bios' config. I used the same way for Mountain Lion, but no graphics acceleration too, I made a topic for my problem here. If somebody knows how to do it, please help! and for clickpad, don't use the latest release of rehabman on Maveriks (personal experience!) it doesn't work (if you know how, show us :D ) but it does work on MLion. And the click time is veeeeeerrrrry long and even the sensitivity is high! How to reduce it (I cant see anything on Info.plist in VoodooPS2 plugins and the main one)? and thank you! 

I have SVS13A290X!

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I got everything working now (beside Nvidia and Wifi):

-For IntelHD you may try IGP 3 or 4 (3 for low res and 4 for HiRes screen (like me 1600x900 => IGP4) ) 

-Use VoodooPS2 from rehabman's Repo HERE (bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads) and install the latest version

-Use rehabman's ACPI battery from HERE (bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads) AND extract a DSDT (or use your patched one) and apply this patch (*) (I recommend MaciASL)

(*) if you cant download it (when using chrome or firefox) open a new document and select in Format -> Plain Text (as far as I remember :P ) then save it as patch.txt and import it to MaciASL in Patch menu OR directly past your patch in the blank area

-and for applehda, you may need to post your request here giving you codec_dump and DSDT to Mirone

-You may use Clover for Mav and ML

/!\ The computer gets to sleep normally but it can't wake! /!\

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I made a detailed guide ;) http://www.insanelym...-capable-vaios/ With UEFI and native USB3.0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vaio, sony, 2012, mountain, lion, hd4000, ivybridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy