• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Could we change the forum structure so when you click 'Start New Topic' and type your thread title, the forum searches the database and shows 5 or 6 results that match your thread title.

I think this may help to stop so many threads on the same subject being started.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,834 posts
I agree! It will surely improve our noise to info ratio.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
I love the idea, but not sure it would be easy to implement. Don't know details on how site's IP Board software works, but my thought on how it would probably need to be done to make it work is to have "start new topic" actually just be normal search with titled changed to disguise it, then once in search results screen, the "start new topic" option would still be the traditional one, basically making search results screen the only place the real "start new topic" option is actually available.

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
I just meant for the search results to appear between the title and body sections of the post.

I've seen it on other forums so I'm sure it's do-able.

iPoco

iPoco

InsanelyMac Plumber

• Supervisors
  • 1,473 posts
Very possible, and definitely a nice idea. The timeline for something like that though is long, likely not this year, although you never know ;)

KellyRendo

KellyRendo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I really have no idea how to post a new topic

I'm in a complete mess :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy