After disappointing many avid iPhone fanboys last year with the release of the incremental upgrade, the iPhone 4S, Apple indulged its customers by releasing an all-new iPhone, and has dubbed it the iPhone 5.
The most obvious difference is the increased screensize, up from 3.5" to 4", encased in an aluminium and glass enclosure. No more glass on the back to shatter. And the back is now akin to that of the original iPhone, with a two-tone finish both at the top and the bottom.
Notable specs for the new iPhone 5 below:
- 4" display with 1136x640 resolution
- Thinner: 7.6mm, down from 9.3mm
- Lighter: 112g, down from 140g
- Same width but taller: 123.8mm, up from 115.2mm
- LTE with support for 100mbps
- A6 processor
- Available in black (including anodized black metal sides and back) and white (with raw aluminium instead of anodized black)
- All-new earphones, called "EarPods"
- All-new 80% smaller dock connector
Will you be upgrading?
Click here to view the article