Chameleon install on USB without existing osx?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

frozerlaxegon

frozerlaxegon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
recently, I screwed up my hdd, now it boots with boot0:error and osx is the only partition I have now.

Previously, I had windows in it, so I used the Chameleon Windows Installer :
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=170079

The problem is, it only installs to the hdd, and not other locations as the OSX chameleon which have the "Install in other locations" so I can install in USB.

So ya, currently, I dont have a :
-working osx
-bootable pendrive that doesnt requires Chameleon.
-working windows copy, because I screwed that up, too(Windows wont install in GPT)

I need a chameleon installer which I can access from Windows which is also able to install chameleon on USB.

Specs :
Acer Aspire One ZG5

Doesnt quite fit in the netbook subforum since this is a really general problem.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
For snow leopard, why not just use a boot CD like bootEFI, rboot, or if you have a distro like iAtkos just use it's boot loader, and instead pick you hard drive to boot at the chameleon menu

frozerlaxegon

frozerlaxegon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

For snow leopard, why not just use a boot CD like bootEFI, rboot, or if you have a distro like iAtkos just use it's boot loader, and instead pick you hard drive to boot at the chameleon menu

somehow, Acer Aspire One requires Chameleon to boot with, u can't boot directly from the usb with the osx installer.

Also, I've downloaded this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=201850

And installed it into another drive via VirtualBox.

So currently I'm trying to boot via Pendrive A(With Chameleon), so I can choose Pendrive B(With OSX Installer)

But when I boot into Pendrive A(which is a success, somehow), I select Pendrive B with iAtkos S3, it says mach_kernel not found, there's somebody with a solution in the topic but it doesn't work. Am I screwed?

Matt35

Matt35

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
You can install GRUB, it works with OS X !

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
All those i mentioned are chameleon based bootloaders, none the less, make sure mach_kernel is present on root of of what you are booting, if it's still an iso disk image on a usb, it will not work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy