Chameleon install on USB without existing osx?

frozerlaxegon

6 posts in this topic

recently, I screwed up my hdd, now it boots with boot0:error and osx is the only partition I have now.

Previously, I had windows in it, so I used the Chameleon Windows Installer :

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=170079

The problem is, it only installs to the hdd, and not other locations as the OSX chameleon which have the "Install in other locations" so I can install in USB.

So ya, currently, I dont have a :

-working osx

-bootable pendrive that doesnt requires Chameleon.

-working windows copy, because I screwed that up, too(Windows wont install in GPT)

I need a chameleon installer which I can access from Windows which is also able to install chameleon on USB.

Specs :

Acer Aspire One ZG5

Doesnt quite fit in the netbook subforum since this is a really general problem.

For snow leopard, why not just use a boot CD like bootEFI, rboot, or if you have a distro like iAtkos just use it's boot loader, and instead pick you hard drive to boot at the chameleon menu

For snow leopard, why not just use a boot CD like bootEFI, rboot, or if you have a distro like iAtkos just use it's boot loader, and instead pick you hard drive to boot at the chameleon menu

somehow, Acer Aspire One requires Chameleon to boot with, u can't boot directly from the usb with the osx installer.

Also, I've downloaded this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201850

And installed it into another drive via VirtualBox.

So currently I'm trying to boot via Pendrive A(With Chameleon), so I can choose Pendrive B(With OSX Installer)

But when I boot into Pendrive A(which is a success, somehow), I select Pendrive B with iAtkos S3, it says mach_kernel not found, there's somebody with a solution in the topic but it doesn't work. Am I screwed?

All those i mentioned are chameleon based bootloaders, none the less, make sure mach_kernel is present on root of of what you are booting, if it's still an iso disk image on a usb, it will not work

• 2 years later...

I am getting stuck - like being in the middle  of a desert.

I am trying to install snow leopard on Acer Aspire Zg5. I have an iAtakos v2 s3 .iso image ( or something like that ). I followed this guide 

http://computersoftwareisyourfriend.blogspot.com/2011/09/preparing-your-installers-for-mac-os-x.html

what it says is you use 2 USB drives . 1 For the initial Boot and other one for installing  ( w/ iso file extracted) . But it LEAVES at a pt where you are dependent on the USB stick to boot.

You cannot boot off the hard drive. HOW do you 

-- install Snow Leopard with itakos image as above

-- without a pre-existing macbook

-- without a DVD drive ( purely USB based ) 

-- Multiboot with XP (not vista or 7 that use the vista bootloader)

-- succeed in installed Mac Bootloader on the partitioned hard drive

Linux and XP have pre-existed on this laptop.