Does Mountain Lion support the ASUS P5KC (Just the P5KC no versions) motherboard?

ASUS P5KC ASUS P5KC Mountain Lion Mountain Lion Support

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

IDunnoAtal

IDunnoAtal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi,

I have been wondering for a while now and trying to install Mountain Lion on my desktop due to a previous thread I posted here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=281856

I have a modded BIOS of the BIOS revision 1203 (needed more like) for AHCI for all sata ports (just to give you a more in depth view of my board) the link to where I got it from is here http://www.bios-mods...-bios-need-ahci

When I used ###### I got an ACPI Kernel Panic, same goes for Lion DiskMaker. I am running on Mac OS X 10.6.8 using a (legacy patch), I even tried using the chameleon boot loader (which stated it needed a legacy_kernel) So I dumped the hidden legacy_kernel from the root of my "Hackintosh HD" (As I named it) into the root of the drive and nope nothing just spins and spins and spins. I don't remember what it was exactly but it was on the boarder lines of "clusters and IO headers".

Before it was just: Apple Logo for a split second, black screen, back to BIOS. But when I go into the BIOS to disable ACPI support it does the cluster hang.

If you need an insight to my specs here they are:

MB: ASUS P5KC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz G0 (SLACR) Non-OC
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR2-667Mhz (2x2GB) (Going to go 8GB or 4GB DDR3 soon (depending))
GPU: GIGABYTE NVidia GeForce 8400GS GDDR2
Sata DVD Drive
HDD(s): 250GB Seagate (SATA), 160GB Hitatchi (SATA)

Thanks in advance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ASUS P5KC, ASUS, P5KC, Mountain Lion, Mountain, Lion, Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy