ATI Radeon 5650m Not Detected, Disable i5-460m Integrated?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

derperoo

derperoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all,

I am fairly new to this whole thing. I am attempting to get the ATI Radeon Mobility 5650 working on my HP Envy 14t-1200 CTO, but OS X Mountain Lion (installed via ###### after deleting some IntelHDGraphics kexts) does not seem to detect the card. The BIOS on this computer is very primitive, and I am unable to disable the integrated graphics there.

What are my options to make this work? Would a custom DSDT be able to force OS X to notice the existence of the Radeon card? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much,
Derp

Prasad M B

Prasad M B

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Try This

http://www.tonymacx8...ntain-lion.html

derperoo

derperoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried that unfortunately! The card is not detected at all. I think I am making progress on a custom DSDT to fix this... will post here if I have success.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,031 posts
Post your unedited DSDT here with your IOreg (From the IOreg app) and I will inject your GPU into your DSDT. I just need to know what frame buffer the card uses.

Also if you can not disable the onboard intel GPU it will never work... Sorry for the bad news...

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,725 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

if u have integrated graphics card, and if her dev id is 0046:8086, don't work, no aceleration

use this to see

http://www.insanelym...ystem info&st=0

and mac os x use always primary graphics card

good hack

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5650

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy