• 18 posts

ok thank you

tranduyquang

tranduyquang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I've bought a P850 toshiba laptop, so, cannot be a part of L7xx hacintosh user anymore. Hope you guys have a smooth hackintosh lappy.

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Cheers! :lol:

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Here you have two updated files to solve the graphic problem in 10.9.3 and UP and also Speedstep/Graphicspowermanagement.

Just replace those two files in extra folder: smbios.plist and LegacyInjectorToshiba.kext

Now we can update safely.

Enjoy.

PD: Remember to create your own serial number with Lizard.

Attached Files

resistor

resistor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I have updated changing those files to 10.9.4 and I got a black screen. Do we have to install old 10.9.2 drivers too?

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

No Resistor, we use the updated 10.9.4 drivers, we use the update as it is. Be sure you repair permissions and erase com.apple.kext.caches before reboot if you manually installed the 10.9.4 drivers.

A question:

Are you using the files i have shared before, DSDT, drivers,etc?

The idea for the fix came from here, i explain it: Apple has changed on 10.9.3 the way the drivers attach to the graphic cards, and for that it uses this kext: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext, if your SMboardproduct is there, will load, if not, black screen.

In the link i provide, they suggest to patch the driver, while my approach is to  change/update our SMboardproduct to match one of the driver and update the SMproductname.

Also i did update LegacyinyectorToshiba.kext to add the new smbios information on it.

You should not have any graphic problem now with apple stock drivers as both modifications will allow to load the drivers, please elaborate your extra folder contents and update method.

Regards.

resistor

resistor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I updated to 10.9.4 and my extra folder with legacy inyector and smbios, generate my own serial with lizard and black screen. Perhaps i have had to repair permisions?

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Be sure you repair permissions and erase com.apple.kext.caches

resistor

resistor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Hi I have been trying to install 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 doing these steps and I get a black screen. I had the working kext extra folder from 10.9.2 I download the 184 post archive and update the extra folder overwritting the files. Do a fix permisions generate my own serial with lizardand erase all the files from com.apple.kext.caches  :( 

titeet

titeet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

anybody has the Extra folder for Yosmite and telling me what is working with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy