[Help] Mac OS version Not yet set

soledo

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

yesterday I upgraded from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 via software update.

It 'seemed that everything was fine but on reboot after the update the pc freezes and the message here is Mac OS version:

Not yet Set. I tried to boot with-s,-f or -v but it always stops at the same point. Can anyone help me?

I attach the full screen with block for clarity.

Thanks

post-66021-0-88734400-1344324375_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

yesterday I upgraded from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 via software update.

It 'seemed that everything was fine but on reboot after the update the pc freezes and the message here is Mac OS version:

Not yet Set. I tried to boot with-s,-f or -v but it always stops at the same point. Can anyone help me?

I attach the full screen with block for clarity.

Thanks

try this boot flag: -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 and if this work use kextwizard for repaiPermissions and rebuild caches

try this boot flag: -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 and if this work use kextwizard for repaiPermissions and rebuild caches

Hi iFIRE, i tried the flag but osx stop at the same point and the same error. So I connect the hd to another system and i used kextwizard on the hd. I reconnected the hd but with no result, same error. Any other ideas ?

Try this:

boot with -s

mount /

sudo diskutil repairPermissions

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -r now

Tried , same error.

So, I reconnect to the other system and removed /System/Library/Caches/* files and restart but always the same error.

Tried , same error.

So, I reconnect to the other system and removed /System/Library/Caches/* files and restart but always the same error.

Download Combo Update 10.7.4 and install this for your disk in other system, repairPermissions/Diskutility and boot with -f -v

Check also permissions are enabled for root drive, 755 and owner is system:wheel (if changing, do not set these recursively or apply to any sub folders, only to / ) , also check updated mach_kernel at / and reinstall Chameleon to drive, then maybe rebuild cache manually via terminal, if using a different mac to do it: sudo touch /Volumes/your HD name here/System/Library/Extensions/ or if HD is in same one your booted from: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ add to boot flag: kernel=mach_kernel UseKernelCache=No -f -x -v

If after iFire suggestions, then mine, and still don't work, your skewed

fyi, diskutil not available when booting -s unless you manually load necessary modules first, better of just doing it from the installer's diskutility. Anyway, B4 you couldn't boot at all, so would like to know what you did to get to the point of trying to run combo update again?

Here i am, i tryed everithing bat always with the same result. Finally i restored an old backup with version 10.7.1 and then I restored the data. Now i'm updating to the 10.7.3. After a new backup i will try to update to the 10.7.4.

• 1 year later...