89 replies to this topic

pcmantinker

pcmantinker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshes, Programming, Piano, Classic Video Games
@rr7, are you using a laptop too? If so, hopefully the three of us can figure out how to get our primary displays working.

Using the 01660003 profile-id, here's what I get in About This Mac and System Profiler:

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
He has an All-in-One, which is basically an iMac not made by apple with a touch capable screen, so kinda in-between a laptop and desktop hardware wise. Makes it a bit tougher, only because not too many people hackintoshing these yet.

I forgot to mention, if I switch my display from pc to hdmi input (it had hdmi-in), I can briefly see the mac display flash on as it switches, almost like the backlight is purposely switched off or something. When I do this, ioreg viewer also shows the display disconnect and reconnect (red/green text).....

When you do this, does the display's port change in IOreg or anything else, or is it still exactly the same? Do you have avtru external monitor that can be hooked up to try?

pcmantinker: lIs that different than what you get using other ID's? That's on external HDMI?

pcmantinker

pcmantinker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

He has an All-in-One, which is basically an iMac not made by apple with a touch capable screen, so kinda in-between a laptop and desktop hardware wise. Makes it a bit tougher, only because not too many people hackintoshing these yet.

Very cool!

pcmantinker: lIs that different than what you get using other ID's? That's on external HDMI?

That's using screen share as the internal display does not show an image. I forgot to mention that in my last post.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

That's using screen share as the internal display does not show an image. I forgot to mention that in my last post.

K, so the 1080 display is the internal, no other monitors hooked up and thats the correct resolution? If so, at least it's detecting it correctly. anything in console logs when booting, switching displays, unplugging, plugging in monitors, etc.?

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
id4 - display doesnt go off,just sits at the verbose boot log screen screen sharing runs as normal. says no display detected.
idA - detects display but say 0mb vram,screen goes off/blank
idB - detects display,512mb vram, screen goes off/blank pretty much the same as id5 - which is the only desktop one, and mine is a desktop chipset.

i've attached the ioreg files for each.

i ran these in safe mode, to simply things, the end result is the same regardless.

when i switch the display over to hdmi input and back to internal, then the display0 and AppleDisplay text goes red when its swtcihed away, and a new one appears in green for a while when i put it back on again, then it goes black after a while.

i'm not sure what messages to look for and where :\

it always says on the about screen that the display is connected by displayport (when detected), rather than built-in....if thats of any use.
also, whenever the screen blankage occurs, i.e whenever i inject a platform id, i get the transcript error buffer pool allocation failed error message scroll past as its booting up.

other points of interest: id4 connector type is 02 00 00 00 i think, A and B are 00 08 00 00, however display is detected still. on ID5 its 00 04 00 00.
_DOS and _DOD methods are present in dsdt, PNLF, _BCL, _BCM _BQL are not present, since there seem to be no displayt devices listed in the DSDT, which i guess is becuase technically this is a desktop pc with a displayport screen attached. H61 is a desktop chipset and does not have LVDS. adding PNLF doesnt fix it and just throws up another bootlog warning message from the driver.

no real mac with HD4000 is yet configured that way that i know of. which is why i'd love to know how/where to hack the connector tables in the capri kext!

i dont know how or what to add to make the _BCM etc methods relevent, windows 8 doesnt show software brightness control, so it may not even be possible. brightness is controlled by a couple of buttons on the side of the monitor (no, pressing them doesnt help, tried it! ;) ).

the only second/external monitor i can attach is VGA, there are no other ports. on id4, the VGA doesnt kickin or go garbled, it too just sits on the bootlog screen.

1920x1080 is the native res. pixel clock values from ioreg seem to match what powerstrip says on windows.

Attached Files

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
random sub-question, when searching for info, i found a few posts stating graphics mode should be 1920x1080x64 (as opposed to x32)

i wasnt aware such a thing exists, and it looks like it may only be mentioned on the tonymac forum, so is this just another case of more dismissable random clueless statements that end up on there or is this some bootloader setting thing?

pcmantinker

pcmantinker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

K, so the 1080 display is the internal, no other monitors hooked up and thats the correct resolution? If so, at least it's detecting it correctly. anything in console logs when booting, switching displays, unplugging, plugging in monitors, etc.?

How would I monitor these logs? I'm not too familiar with OS X logs. Also, I extracted my DSDT and compiled it, but I don't see an MEI device in the DSL DSDT extraction. I don't think that device exists on a laptop.

@rr7, I believe I tried 1920x1080x64 with no luck. Maybe if you apply a refresh rate as well it will help? I've seen some people say that 1920x1080x64@85 works (the 85Hz refresh rate is only for VESA 3.0 though).

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

How would I monitor these logs? I'm not too familiar with OS X logs. Also, I extracted my DSDT and compiled it, but I don't see an MEI device in the DSL DSDT extraction. I don't think that device exists on a laptop.

@rr7, I believe I tried 1920x1080x64 with no luck. Maybe if you apply a refresh rate as well it will help? I've seen some people say that 1920x1080x64@85 works (the 85Hz refresh rate is only for VESA 3.0 though).

i added the MEI device manually to override the device id,so that OSX didnt load the sandy bridge kext at the same time as the ivy bridge one. it wouldnt appear otherwise.

in the recent version i posted, i removed the entry and edited the kexts,mostly just for clarification that it doesnt matter which way round, same thing happens. which os the case.

personally i'd do everything like that in DSDT so i only have to do it once and not worry when updates are released.

i'll give the res thing a go, just to say i've done it, but i've tried various other onesw to no avail.

current gut feeling, is hack the port tables, at least just to debug it. i'll have a look at the kext in a hex editor, but i'm doubtful i can work it out simply by doing that.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Changing the port tables is what I had in mind as well, and have looked into a little bit. but not sure what the correct layout would need to be for your board. Also could you both upload a clean unedited/unpatched DSDT?

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Changing the port tables is what I had in mind as well, and have looked into a little bit. but not sure what the correct layout would need to be for your board. Also could you both upload a clean unedited/unpatched DSDT?

what i was thinking initially, is use the id4 tables, which is a single output, and change the connector type to 00 40 00 00 (display port) and see what happens. working out what to change means i/we can experiment though....

i just happed to be booted up with a clean DSDT at the moment, here it is.....

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Here's patched DSDT, of course I have no idea if patches I did will work, but also included just a ig-platform-id patch file where you would just change the letter/number that is red to match whatever platform id you want to try and apply with DSDT editor. will try to look into framebeffer some more later tonight

Attached Files

pcmantinker

pcmantinker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Here's my clean DSDT dump. Thanks much eep357.

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Looked through the binary for CapriFB and found what I think are the connectors, all 3 of them being 4's for DP and not 8's for HDMI, so changed them all to 8's. By no means do I think I did this right, the point more so being to see if there is any noticeable change in behavior or IOreg to see if even in the right ball park.

Attached Files

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
i'm assuming you want me to try id A for the edited kext?

i can confirm that with the patched DSDT, the same thing happens (i'd tried all the changes you made i think)

and that the connector types are @0 = 00 04 00 00, @1 = 00 04 00 00, @2 00 08 00 00 with the vanilla kext,
and there is no change with the patched kext. (i confirmed i'm using the patched one as i gave it a label colour so i could pick it out.)

oh, and thanks for the time you're putting into this!

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Try using method indicated here http://olarila.com/f....php?f=3&t=1583 the first post is Portugues but google translate does good enough. A download is included at the bottom of the firs post. Also see the 3rd post by Cassio, about also adding AAPL00 Dual Link properties which may make it a better option than DSDT and could be the ticket.

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Tried that already too :) legacyAGPM is currently installed.

For completeness, I just retried the dual link, No change.

I still remain hopeful for editing the tables.

I did load the kext into TextEdit but could find any strings that gave me a clue :/

Lots of strings though, I wonder of it had a debug/logging option

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Your removing patched DSDT when trying the injection right ?Should at least be able to see similar differences in IOreg to what your getting when trying different DSDT edits. Have you tried removing kexts for one of the GPU's? FYI, this is what I found in Capri using Hexfiend
02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 00 00 00
03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 00 00 00
04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 00 00 00
changed to
02 05 00 00 00 08 00 00 07 00 00 00
03 04 00 00 00 08 00 00 07 00 00 00
04 06 00 00 00 08 00 00 07 00 00 00
so IDK
  • rr7 likes this

capo_saric

capo_saric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hi, guys...
I happen to have the same cpu as pcmantinker
I've made my internal display work with the EFI String for device 01660004, which indicates ig-platform-id: 01660004, Stolen RAM for FB: 32MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 1, FBMem: 1
I also set the GraphicsMode to 1920x1080x64

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000004006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

Sadly, I haven't got any of my external ports to work. My laptop has HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort, and I really need to get any of them to work as soon as possible... I'll update any progress I have

pcmantinker

pcmantinker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
capo_saric, do you have 64MB VRAM on your Intel HD 4000 or is it 32MB VRAM? I believe mine is 64MB and is unfortunately unchangeable.

capo_saric

capo_saric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

capo_saric, do you have 64MB VRAM on your Intel HD 4000 or is it 32MB VRAM? I believe mine is 64MB and is unfortunately unchangeable.

Without any GPU recognized, "About This Mac" showed 64Mb Shared Memory, but none of the 64MB strings worked... It is also unchangeable

I've tried every single string with x32 and x64 graphics mode and that one is the only that has worked with my internal screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy