Having problem installing Moutain Lion.

King718

26 posts in this topic

Ok I just built my computer. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get hackintosh on it. Was only making it for windows. But now I changed my mind. I didn't get the stuff according to the hackintosh. But I'm pretty sure they are compatible. Here is the list:

Asus- P8Z77-V DELUXE Mother Board

Seasonic - X series 750w

GTX 561ti 448 core - Which I took out for the installation.

Intel Core i7-3770K

Vengence LP 16 gig ram DDR3

Samsung SSD 830 series - Got a separate one just for hackintosh

Hypercooler 212

I followed this guide:

http://thetecherra.com/2012/07/10/tutorial-run-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-gm-on-a-pc-hackintoshosx86-video/

Everything went great. Even starts installing. But when it says "5 mins remaining" This pops up. And its really getting me frustrated :wallbash:

iJmAll.jpg

I'm thinking the main issue i messed up on is at part 4. Step 5. it says:

Run the Chameleon installation package. Make sure to install this package to your flash drive,and customize the installation so that you have an SMBIOS that best relates to the CPU that’s on your computer (leave the default options checked; just check your SMBIOS).

I didnt do that part because I didn't know what to check.. Maybe that is why this error is showing up? Please help!

This screen is good,dont believe him,check now to boot again with your bootable media(USB or DVD)and see for installacion partition.checked it and go to boot from here...

This happens because because the installer can't write to your non-existent EFI chip on your motherboard.

Once booted, install chameleon to your hard drive. Chameleon handles the boot process until Darwin can take over.

This happens because because the installer can't write to your non-existent EFI chip on your motherboard.

Once booted, install chameleon to your hard drive. Chameleon handles the boot process until Darwin can take over.

How do i install chameleon on the hard drive? If I restart the computer iand choose to boot from the hard drive it brings me back to the same installation window.

Ok,start computer ,press f12 or Esc to boot menu,choise your USB to boot ...and now see Partition ,and choise

Ok,start computer ,press f12 or Esc to boot menu,choise your USB to boot ...and now see Partition ,and choise

I did tht already and just did it now. It is still bringing me to installation. It says press enter to start up with darwin/86 and when I press enter it brings me back to where I choose language and other stuff and starts installing again.. And then fails

And inside BIOS remember-first boot drive is HDD,never change to DVD or another...... SDCard or...

Select your HDD partition, not the Installer.

Type -v

Press enter

There are only two options when I select hdd. I didn't make a partition because I'm installing mac on a separate drive. The options are hd (0,1) max os x base system or hd(2,2) windows ntfs. I pick the hd (0,1) mac os x base system. By either pressing enter or typing - v it is taking me to the same place.

I'm thinking I should continue the steps? Because I didn't finish the guide. I stopped at part 5 step 4(link isu

above to the guide I'm using). At part 5 step 5 it is saying to boot back to already working copy of mac. I'm guessing the mac book I used to make the usb? But at part 6 its saying boot from usb and go in terminal. I'm confused here. Am I booting from usb on macbook or my hackintosh? And if it's hackintosh. I'm unable to type.. The keyboard isn't working..

Sorry guys never done this. I'm a little confused

If the partition isn't visible from the chameleon screen then maybe the installer didn't complete to a point where the install is bootable.

Try installing again but add -x to your boot flags, this will boot in safe mode. I don't really know if this will help as all it would usually do is disable all but the bare minimum kexts.

It's worth a try though.

If you have a macbook, you could always use that to install ML to an external USB HDD, get it set up and then use disk utility from the installer to restore the USB HDD to the internal one. I've had to do that with a few laptops.

Part 4 – Adding the fixed 10.8 files to the USB drive

Now, we need to modify some of the files on your USB drive so that it will properly bootup on your PC.

• Extract the contents of “ML_GM_OSx86_Files.zip” to your Mac OS X desktop.
  • Copy the 2 .kext files to /System/Library/Extensions on your flash drive.
  • Copy the OSInstall file to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/, overwriting the file that’s already there.
  • Copy the OSInstall.mpkg file to /System/Installation/Packages/, overwriting the file that’s already there.
  • Run the Chameleon installation package. Make sure to install this package to your flash drive, and customize the installation so that you have an SMBIOS that best relates to the CPU that’s on your computer (leave the default options checked; just check your SMBIOS).
  • Copy mach_kernel from the root of the Mac OS X Install ESD volume and paste it into the root of your flash drive.
  • Lastly, copy the Chameleon installation package to the root of your flash drive. You’ll need this in part 8.
  • Done!

start over and skip steps 3 and 4 completely

it will work!

your problem is 16G Ram, for instal use only 4G Ram, or use this boot flag : maxmem=4096 and minimal hardware attached only one disk

I have installed a few machines with hackintosh with 16GB onboard in fact my own PC is 24GB and I got no problem installing ML into it.

Your USB installer it must be mbr partition and your Disk Guid, this is typical problem of the partition , reformat your hard disk and chose one partition map guid and format HFS+

Man I'm still stuck on this! I even did the tonymac way. By installing unibeasst on the flashdrive. And its still keeps sending me to install all over after i reboot from the first install. Same problem again. I dont understand. Maybe I downloaded the wrong GM version? Its the installesd.dmg and what i did was put "install os x mountain lion" from basesystem.dmg (after mounting installesd.dmg) and dragged it into applications since unibeasst needs it there. But the "install os x mountain lion" is only about 24mb? Is this correct? Idk why I'm having this issue.

Your bootable USB drive has a problem. It should be about 5.5gb in size. There are a number of good tutorials on how to create a bootable install USB for Mac OS on this site. One that I recommend is DigitalDreamers script which can be found on the first page of his long thread in Tutorials. He gives a good description of what one is doing and his script will almost automatically create the USB if the InstallESD.dmg is located on the desktop and an 8gb USB is plugged in.

Start his script select "create a boot disk" from the menu, follow the script prompts and take a break while the computer does the work.

I get this error when I install but for a different reason. The installer log will state the reason for the failure. For me, it comes when the installer is making the kernelcache for the first time and it finds several kexts which it states are not genuine and will be omitted. This causes the installer to fail to make the kernelcache and the installation fails. The kexts which are deemed not genuine are the older AppleACPIFamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext that I need to get my installer to boot up. I tried putting the vanilla kexts in S/L/E on the USB installer and putting the older (working) kexts in Extra. That didn't work - the installer wouldn't boot up. Is there any way to edit the manifest so that it doesn't do this check for genuineness? I noticed that it doesn't do this for every kext in S/L/E - just the critical kexts.

it's just a permissions problem, use disk utility or similar to repair the disk permissions

I used kext utility to an extensions.mkext for the USB installer. I put that in startup caches in order to get the USB installer to boot. I take it that the permission repair in that process is not enough because I get the installation failure which, assuming you are correct, is due to a permissions problem. Any suggestions about how to repair permissions on a USB installer other than kext utility and kext wizard?