ATI 5450 w/ Mountain Lion. No sound through HDMI.

ati 5450 mountain lion audio hdmi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mikewithpaws

mikewithpaws

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I know this may seem like an obtuse place to put this-
but since the sound is coming through the HDMI, and thus through the graphics card, I'm a bit stumped. To make matters weirder, I am unable to watch video files on my computer unless I install the voodoohda .2.56 or .2.61 kexts- though they don't allow me to hear anything, either. I've looked everywhere for an answer to this so I thought I would try here.

System:
750 gb hdd
8 gb ram
core i3
ati 5450 hd

I should mention that I have onboard audio and a soundblaster audigy card on the board but neither of these are being detected either so I am focusing on the HDMI as this would be my preferred means.

When OSX first loads it recognizes the graphics card right away, though since I was convinced this was an issue of the graphics card I tried changing it to the 5400 instead of the 5450 series with no change at all. Please help as I'm totally confused.

mikewithpaws

mikewithpaws

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone have any ideas? should I give up on this?

kofmasters

kofmasters

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i have the same card , but how you get qe/ci working? i can watch video with audio but cannot get qe/ci

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Developer, Hacker, Researcher

i have the same card , but how you get qe/ci working? i can watch video with audio but cannot get qe/ci

All you have to do to get the QE/CI and Dual Video through HDMI/DVI is to add your device id to the info.plist of ATI5000Controller.kext,ATIRadeonX3000.kext .

1. They are found in /System/Library/Extensions
2. Take them to desktop,right click->show package contents -> edit info.plist -> add your device id to <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
3. Install the kexts using kext utility.

Test the video, use dvd player and chess.

If you have grained screen or no dual monitor ,

Boot with:
AtiConfig=Shrike for VGA, HDMI for some pc.
AtiConfig=Eulemur for LVDS (internal display) for some pc.
AtiConfig=Hoolock for VGA, LVDS mirror for some pc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ati 5450, mountain lion, audio, hdmi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy