[Solved] QE / CI on Mountain Lion GM with the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB files for download

29 posts in this topic

Awesome. Fixes my "stall on boot" issue with a Club 3D 8400GS 256 MB.

Can you describe what exactly you did to those kexts?

By the way, it is possible to increase the version numbers of your kexts so that they are loaded no matter what future updates might install in the system. In order to do that, rename the kexts (e.g., put the word "override" in front of the name), and change the version number by adding "99"in front of it (e.g., 2.0 --> 992.0" in the Info.plist files (I used the script below to do that prior to installation of the kexts). This way, the original kexts can stay where they are but your kexts will always override them.

PLISTS=$(find /Users/.../folder_where_your_nvidia_kexts_are/ -name *plist)
for PLIST in $PLISTS ; do
   NAME=$(echo $PLIST | sed -e 's|.plist||g')
   echo $NAME
   V=$(defaults read $NAME CFBundleVersion)
   SV=$(defaults read $NAME CFBundleShortVersionString)
   defaults write $NAME CFBundleVersion 99$V
   defaults write $NAME CFBundleShortVersionString 99$SV
   plutil -convert xml1 $PLIST
done

Good truth did nothing out of this world only uses kexts DP4 version of Mountain lion as the dependencies are satisfied in Mountain Lion GM what you tell me the version numbers of the kexts you can do and then upload them? my English is very basic and did not understand much thanks and greetings

Using the same kexts with 9500GT in ML works great EXCEPT I'm not getting QE/CI.

I'm getting:

1. Dual Monitors

2. Max Resolution on both of them

Only thing left is QE/CI.

Anyone know what could prevent me from getting it? Do I need GeForce.kext?

Still not working for me, but then I'm using a integrated Nvidia 9300...

The NVDAResman.kext in your patch allows me to boot with software graphics acceleration but it's fixed resolution and SLOW!

Still not working for me, but then I'm using a integrated Nvidia 9300...

The NVDAResman.kext in your patch allows me to boot with software graphics acceleration but it's fixed resolution and SLOW!

Same here. I can NOT get this 9300M GS card to work correctly. It shows up correctly in System Information, but all I get is the standard 1024x768 resolution.

Attached are the 2 kexts with edited plist files to that they override (get loaded instead of) Apple's kexts. When a system update installs new versions, my version should "win".

Let me know if it works for you. Btw, I did not need the NVEnabler (I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

Working perfectly with my ASUS 8400GS including QE/CI with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...

hey thanks for these patched kexts, both of you guys, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on for my non-booting ML 10.8.1 update and this fixed it, my old HP pavilion elite m9040n thanks you, its not getting replaced with a mac mini for another year!

much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got GraphicsEnabler = YES but if I throw in NVDAResman, it stucks at "NVEnabler::Probe fails"

I can't get resolution working, other than GraphicsMode.

I don't have EFI String in my Chameleon plist.

I am using GeForce 9200M GS on HP Compaq CQ45-101TX.

Anyone help?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried both methods from Vani and Matias. Neither works for me.

My graphics card is very old XFX NVidia 7900 GS 256MB. Worked very well under 10.7.3 with QE/CI.

If I don't boot in safe mode, the boot will stuck.

I need to remove the following kernel extensions in S/L/E to get it boot but only in 1024x768.

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Sep 24 2011 GeForce.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Sep 24 2011 GeForceGA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Sep 24 2011 GeForceGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Sep 24 2011 GeForceVADriver.bundle

But those are stock GeForce drive extensions. I would guess GeForce card won't work without them.

I also tried to copy all GeForceXXXX.kext from my working 10.7.3 (running in 64-bit) but no help.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone updated to 10.8.3 yet?

I just sucessfully updated my 10.8.2 to 10.8.3!

Looks like the version override patch worked.

I'll try to do a clean install soon just to check if those modules are still needed ....

EDIT:

I redownloaded ML from the APP store ( 10.8.3 ) and created a new USB key with the latest #####

KO

I cannot reach the installer.

boot with -x or -v gives a black screen ( My lcd screen goes in power save mode)

I ordered a GTX650 card !