• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I think MBR of hard drive gone, correct me if im wrong but i can use OSX86ModCD and just boot my hardrive with SL partition on it?

It worked i have been able to boot MacOS partition via Nawcom OSXMod CD, I am just on Disk management i S.M.A.R.T status is Verified, Just pressed, Verify Permissions, then i will do Repair Disk Permissions. And will try to boot up again.

Found something:
Open error 5: "Input/Output error" on Syst...bundle/Contents...."
And another 20 of them :> is them errors are caused of cutting of power while not using proper Shutdown?

Is this option is like Scandisk in windows? so when that will be done it should boot up normally without causing errors unless my hard drive is corrupted.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
If you have chameleon or chiminera installed you don't need the disk to boot.

What path is the error showing? You only wrote part of it.

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
What kext did You used to run Your GeForce GT 430 card?

I will do verify again, i will send pics soon.. 30 min, will be back, did You had any problems with ethernet? i do have only realtek card, and that self assigned ip keep comming up all the time.

any ways to fix ethernet at all?

Ok got some screens here:
http://imageshack.us.../img0672jb.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../img0673gy.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../img0674kd.jpg/

Right, i have pressed repair disk, and when it finished, now said that i have to do backup as many files as possible, then format disk and do restore them later, ok going to do it. Coz its damaged..

Now i will change GUID to MasterBoot Record, 2 partitions, MACOS as a primary Windows as extended partition dualboot. i have an chameleon.

Selected Options: LegacyKernel, AppleATIATA/AppleATIPATA, VoodooHDA, Autodetect wired Lan support

After clean install of SL. I have seen nice screen with Acceleration Support but after 2 min had an kernel panic.

Right, i have found solution for my kernel panic thingy. and why that has not been booting
had to add GraphicsEnabler=no option to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file thats are issues what i have with my graphic card. its unsupported by GraphicsEnabler. Nvidia Geforce GT220. after this its booting well with sluggish graphics but without kernel panic.

NVEnabler will be other thing i have to install to get full acceleration of my Graphic card.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
Used NvEnabler for my GT430.

Not sure about your Ethernet as I use a USB Wireless adapter. Unselect AppleATIATA/AppleATIPATA, and try. Only install with what you need.

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Is it any chance to delete AppleATIATA/APPLEATIPATA <--- that was selected as default while booting NawcomsMODCD + RetailDVD

does KextWizzard its like ADD/Remove drivers app like windows have one? If it is I should be able to install/uninstall AppleATIATA kext file?

I have an AirLive_WL1600USB adapter also i found drivers for it but when i installed them it kernel crashed after reboot i might to plug it back at motherboard directly via usb (i have tried front panel when my keyboard is plugged in well on other one :) coz i need keyboard working)

Can You tell me i have seen NVEnabler works with my Graphics Card but need to do update, to 10.6.2 coz i have read it has been laggy running on 10.6 as i had that issue as well. Can i just download MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7 (combo) or i need to download all of them from 10.6.1 to 10.6.7 and install it one by one?

Ahh i forgot to write i did tried NVEnabler 64.kext i should use NVEnabler, <-- that one is for 32bit system not 64 as i did before...

Using VoodooHDA, i have still no sound. One thing is when MacOS is booting up i can hear a voice when it has been loaded like (Burp sound) but after that when Its fully booted up it still doesnt reconize my sound card.

Installed Update Combo 10.6.7 now i cant move mouse and type on keyboard. strange..

it doesnt like to be freezes coz cursor for enterning password field its blinking... its just USB drivers ppbly. even thru safe boot
i will boot it up thru Nawcoms again and fix hard drive..

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
You should be able to update to 10.6.7 straight away. Not sure why stuff is no longer working. I think you need someone more experienced in the installation to help you out.

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i have found solution for it allready. :) You must replace 2 kext after uptdating to 10.6.7 but before restart kernel :) and it worked. :)
Link here for solution: http://www.sysprobs....6-update-vmware
It might be helpfull for other users having same issues.

Slowly i understand how to use thinks i have seen mac os system since start of this topic :) Looong way to learn.

Btw. My ethernet controller working just i cannot connect to my isp (virginmedia superhub) on this way i have to try different ethernet card or wifi i have couple of choices but not as many pci slots on my motherboard. Same with sound i would need to have it replaced. Or try different drivers. Need to figure out. But this time i will do backup of my system on other harddrive instead of installing it once again.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
Well done. Yes make a time machine back up. It would be worth buying a network card that is compatible with OS X. I just did this for my laptop running Lion. No installing kexts.

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Whats model of Your Wifi card? I might go on it soon, i need to have MacOSX fully working before i will get some spare money to buy real mac :)
I will do same with USB sound card. Coz my build in card seems to be not working, as i will get all specs working correctly i will do complete back up to just do not play with deal or nodeal game. Once again BIG THANKS.

Found one here:
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_0

it seems to be working on MAC OS 10.6.x without need any kext's

This time i have MacOS, MacOSBackup, Windows partitions. As i can save backups on MacOSBackup drive.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
I have an Atheros AR5B91 installed in my laptop.

Try an older version of VoodooHDA for your sound. I have an old one for mine to work as the newer ones let off a high pitched squeal.

Try this one,

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/detail?name=VoodooHDA-0.2.62.pkg.zip&can=2&q=

If you are buying a wireless card / adapter ask in the networking forum for the best one to buy.

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
If i have VoodooHDA allready installed how can i remove it? before install older one? I know thats nooby questions but im nooby with things like that.

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
Open terminal and run this,

voodoohda-uninstall

dave1988

dave1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Open terminal and run this,

voodoohda-uninstall

Thanks a lot, i will have a look on it later on time go back to work so i will not have a time to play with it for another 4 days...(workin 4 on 4 off..) I will try do it on monday afternoon.

Terminal seems to be like linux one, so i need to type:
#sudo voodoohda-uninstall
type password then it should be uninstalled if script works :D

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Retired
  • 1,002 posts
Yes that will uninstall it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD, issues, Leo, Help, Solution, Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy