• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TinFoil

TinFoil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hey everyone. I have followed the guide from http://webcache.goog...s&client=safari (original site doesnt display) and then the side notes from another post on here (use r1999 chameleon for example)

Specs:
P5W-DH Deluxe Asus
Q6600 Intel Quad Core
7GB RAM
ATI HD 5600

I get the bootloader then do a -v and this is the last thing I see before the computer just restarts on its own.
Posted Image.

I have the mach_kernel in the root partition (using a 2nd drive and split the installer *first partition* to 9gb then the rest for the install)

I am running the latest 10.7.4 with no issues and been doing this since 10.5 . Can someone help me plz?

Posted Image

TinFoil

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Since you did not copy the kernel cache, include -f as boot flag. Also adding -x never hurts too

TinFoil

TinFoil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Thanks for the reply. I wound up doing some bios tweaks and it worked (why 10.7.4 was ok and 10.8 wasn't IDK why).

I Still have some issues with my video card (had the same issues in 10.7, should of bought a more compatible card for OS X), also with my sound (using a usb sound card for now). Other than that it is working fine.

Thanks again,
Tinfoil

jmacie

jmacie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
TinFoil,
I use same board, same problem. 10.7.4 works, 10.8 DP3 works, 10.8 DP4 won't boot. What bios changes did you make? I've used a couple of different images, so that's not the problem, DP4 installs, just won't boot. Thanks

jmacie

jmacie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I worked it out. This ol' board keeps on keepin' on!

ico

ico

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hi all @JMACIE can you please fill me in on exactly how to work it out got the same board need help on bios settings and how to get dp4 to boot? thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy