Is Hackintosh scene nearing its end , judging from the new MBP?

* - - - - 4 votes Hackintosh Mac Book Pro WWDC Next Generation EOD

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Frank Nitty

Frank Nitty

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:iHustle

It is extremely easy to create an install DVD from the Lion installer you buy from the App Store: http://lifehacker.co...-or-flash-drive

It definately is easy... I just had to read up how to on a couple of forums before I finally figured it out for myself, aside from doing a little experimenting with my hardware. I just had to reinstall my Lion Partition the other day after installing a bunk version of the 10.7.5 update so It's kind of engrained in me now :-). I like the hackintosh community and what it has to offer; I started using the iDeneeb distro and installed Tiger after hours on in, but ditched that method once I finally realized I could install a retail Snow Leopard with my hardware, and I never looked back. Those one-click distros will soon ruin the hackintosh scene because they present it as mainstream, which I don't like.

wedgin

wedgin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I am in doubt
why Apple takes no actions towards Hackintosh
I believe Apple can do something to prevent the Hackintosh
but they don't
does it imply that they want to expand the market share of OSX ?

It has long been my view that piracy is what breeds success in computing. Back when Apple and MS were starting out, Apple took the divergent course by going with a different processor achitecture. MS thrived because people could buy a generic Intel box and install the OS from their friends floppies. MS benefited greatly from piracy, as it basically spread their platform to more people and helped make it ubiquitous. Apple you couldn't pirate their software because there wasn't non-Apple hardware to install it on. When they tried the clone route it nearly killed them.

You'll notice that Apple's rise to prominence also coincided with their switch to Intel. They made their software compatible with a wider scope of hardware, which in turn helped them make gains in PC marketshare. Apple is content to let the hacker scene work away knowing that it just further entrenches their platform. Apple's got what they want, they built the ecosystem. Now developers release stuff for Mac all the time because it's a thriving market. As someone who was a Mac user in the 90s, it's like a night and day change.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts

Apple you couldn't pirate their software because there wasn't non-Apple hardware to install it on. When they tried the clone route it nearly killed them.

You'll notice that Apple's rise to prominence also coincided with their switch to Intel. They made their software compatible with a wider scope of hardware, which in turn helped them make gains in PC marketshare.

You have no idea what you are talking about... lol Apple makes very little money with Mac OS X. The majority of there growth is the iPod, iPhone, and more recent the iPad. This has nothing to do with the switch to Intel. Look up the revenues and you will see this has nothing to do with Intel. Getting people to by low cost Apple products entices people to by a Mac years later from there first purchase of a Apple product.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

It has long been my view that piracy is what breeds success in computing. Back when Apple and MS were starting out, Apple took the divergent course by going with a different processor achitecture. MS thrived because people could buy a generic Intel box and install the OS from their friends floppies. MS benefited greatly from piracy, as it basically spread their platform to more people and helped make it ubiquitous. Apple you couldn't pirate their software because there wasn't non-Apple hardware to install it on. When they tried the clone route it nearly killed them.

You'll notice that Apple's rise to prominence also coincided with their switch to Intel. They made their software compatible with a wider scope of hardware, which in turn helped them make gains in PC marketshare. Apple is content to let the hacker scene work away knowing that it just further entrenches their platform. Apple's got what they want, they built the ecosystem. Now developers release stuff for Mac all the time because it's a thriving market. As someone who was a Mac user in the 90s, it's like a night and day change.

lol. Apple seems to have already taken certain measures ie blocking hackintosh logging in imessage.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts

lol. Apple seems to have already taken certain measures ie blocking hackintosh logging in imessage.

Works for me. What measures?

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Developer, Hacker, Researcher

What do you mean by that ?

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts

Works for me. What measures?

What do you mean by that ?

If your current message is working fine, you won't find anything strange at all. Just like what I used to be.
But if you sign out your message making your message inactive, then you won't be able to sign in again.
I used to be able to sign in. I am sure I didn't screw my hack cuz I rarely made certain changes to it.
And it appears as long as you're one of the hackintoshs, it's sure to happen while real mac won't have this issue.

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

making your message inactive, then you won't be able to sign in again.

Lol , I just messed up my iMessage following the above step :wallbash: I will post again If I am able to fix it !

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts

Lol , I just messed up my iMessage following the above step :wallbash: I will post again If I am able to fix it !

It would be nice if you figure out a way to solve this problem and share with us. It's not something personal.
IT JUST HAPPENS TO ANY HACKINTOSHES IN THE WORLD.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts

It would be nice if you figure out a way to solve this problem and share with us. It's not something personal.
IT JUST HAPPENS TO ANY HACKINTOSHES IN THE WORLD.

I never use that app but I logged out and tried to log in with no success. Serial number could be the issue. I even have the full Ethernet Built in patch with my own custom edits:

OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x0800, 0x06)
            Field (GPIO, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                GO01,   8, 
                GO02,   8, 
                GO03,   8, 
                GO04,   8, 
                GO05,   8, 
                GP45,   1, 
                GP9,    1
            }  
Device (LAN0)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00190000)
                OperationRegion (ARE0, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x04)
                Field (ARE0, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                {
                    AVND,   16
                }
                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (0x0F)
                }
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x09, 
                    0x04
                })
                Method (EWOL, 1, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
                    {
                        Or (GP9, One, GP9)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        And (GP9, Zero, GP9)
                    }
                    If (LEqual (Arg0, GP9))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Return (One)
                    }
                }
                Method (_RMV, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
                Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (Arg0)
                    {
                        Store (One, GP45)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Store (Zero, GP45)
                    }
                }
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x0C)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            Buffer (0x09)
                            {
                                "Internal"
                            }, 
                            "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x4B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x01
                            }, 
                            "device_type", 
                            Buffer (0x14)
                            {
                                "Ethernet Controller"
                            }, 
                            "model", 
                            Buffer (0x1E)
                            {
                                "Intel(R) 82579V PCI-E Gigabit"
                            }, 
                            "name", 
                            Buffer (0x14)
                            {
                                "Ethernet Controller"
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

It would be nice if you figure out a way

I was not able to find the source of the issue, so I just restored from Time Machine backup and it solved the issue for me (Had no time to mess around, exams are nearing !). But apparently even Mac Users are facing this issue, so google revealed some tricks. I am compiling it down here.

Serial number could be the issue.

I think the issue is not with the serial number , but with the Imagent process and the network preferences as I am able to access other services like iCloud, App store and Facetime.

These are the fix's available to original Mac users, should work for Hackintosh too.

Solution 1 :
Check that your hosts file (/etc/host) is not blocking some important communication with Messages or game center.

Open hosts file in TextMate and commented out everything that was not default, saved it, restarted Messages and GameCenter, then logged in.

After logging in , uncomment the comments in my hosts file, save it, and check everything.

Solution 2 :
Quit imagent process from Activity Monitor and try logging into iMessage again.

Solution 3 :
a. Go to Keychain Access
b. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA – This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)

There are some references where you need to set/add your DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Then check logging into iMessages again.

Solution 4 :
Just click on the “Time” in the top bar of the computer and choose “Open Date & Time Preferences”.

Then enable “Set date and time automatically” and check the iMessages again.

The official Apple resolution for the above issue is found here - http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

If any of the above solution works for you, let me know.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts
The issue is not with messages at all. I was able to add my yahoo and my old AIM account to it with no issues. Perhaps the Apple servers are not configured to accept messages from the newest version in the Beta?

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts

The issue is not with messages at all. I was able to add my yahoo and my old AIM account to it with no issues. Perhaps the Apple servers are not configured to accept messages from the newest version in the Beta?

As have been reported, imessage server has been down now and then recently.
Apple may take certain measures to solve this problem.

I was not able to find the source of the issue, so I just restored from Time Machine backup and it solved the issue for me (Had no time to mess around, exams are nearing !). But apparently even Mac Users are facing this issue, so google revealed some tricks. I am compiling it down here.

I think the issue is not with the serial number , but with the Imagent process and the network preferences as I am able to access other services like iCloud, App store and Facetime.

These are the fix's available to original Mac users, should work for Hackintosh too.

Solution 1 :
Check that your hosts file (/etc/host) is not blocking some important communication with Messages or game center.

Open hosts file in TextMate and commented out everything that was not default, saved it, restarted Messages and GameCenter, then logged in.

After logging in , uncomment the comments in my hosts file, save it, and check everything.

Solution 2 :
Quit imagent process from Activity Monitor and try logging into iMessage again.

Solution 3 :
a. Go to Keychain Access
b. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA – This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)

There are some references where you need to set/add your DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Then check logging into iMessages again.

Solution 4 :
Just click on the “Time” in the top bar of the computer and choose “Open Date & Time Preferences”.

Then enable “Set date and time automatically” and check the iMessages again.

The official Apple resolution for the above issue is found here - http://support.apple...38;locale=en_US

If any of the above solution works for you, let me know.

I've seen that topic in Apple's discussion forum. I tried every method but it's still in vain :(

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

You'll get a Mac Book and install Windows on that ? :wallbash:

Yup. Dual boot. All the kids are doing it. I did it for a couple of friends of mine and they love it. No reason to have a this vs this discussion anymore. Just install everything. Why choose?

Using a Snow Leopard distro (or whatever you can get your hands on) as base so that you can buy Lion from the App Store and then install it is not hurting anyone.

Personally I agree. If you use whatever method you can to install Snow Leopard or Lion, aiming at buying Lion, you can't be that wrong. Everything can be done in a few hours. Nobody would take you to court for that.

Lol. I like what is being insinuated here. Actually it isn't being insinuated. It's just being out right said.

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 891 posts

I tried every method but it's still in vain :(

Latest Chameleon solves the issue.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts

Not for me ;)

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts

I already noticed that :D
Thanks for notifying me anyway. But still the call Apple issue. For I don't own an idevice, i can not make it out so far :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hackintosh, Mac Book Pro, WWDC, Next Generation, EOD

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy