• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

mosh1243

mosh1243

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I can't boot into the installer, I get a white screen with flashing purple lines before the UI loads. I did the same method as DP3 upgrade and I have an MSI 6870 ..anyone know the problem?

Boot, go to your bios and choose boot from your USB

I've got everything up and running except for audio :( Could someone please explain how I can get sound to work on my P8P67 LE motherboard (it has realtek 892 audio)? Also, I get an error message while trying to connect to iCloud. Strangely, it works fine on a Macbook Pro. Could it be because my hackintosh says "iMac 2001" when I click about this mac?

Thanks so much.

EDIT: iCloud still doesn't work, but I've managed to get the audio working through a program that I cannot mention here for obvious reasons. If you need help pm me or email me at mosh1243@gmail.com.

A special thanks to eep357! Thanks so much man, you rock! :D

Edited by mosh1243, 17 June 2012 - 06:32 PM.

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
I did it. All working now. I added these:
For internal sata drive icons: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in E/E
For audio get ALC883 (Mountain Lion) in osx86.net and follow instructions
For network: Search Marvell Yukon 88E8056 in osx86 and get the modded IONetworkingfamily.kext and install it in S/L/E

Unfortunatelly, the dsdt is mandatory, without it you get orange drive icons and no network, even the proper kexts are properly installed;
Keep the modded AppleHDA.kext and IONetworkingfamily.kext for reinstalling them after every update!

qejk

qejk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Successfully installed on:

Asus Maximus IV Z68@3304 patched bios & MSI 6870

Was having same issue with white screen & cursor in installation step. The only way for me to fix this issue was removing ATI6000.kext from USB and moving it again on instaled ML in S/L/E.

No issues whatsoever beside:
  • few not working USB 3.0 ports (using kext from multi...)
  • and im unable to boot from hdd, the only way is using whole time USB stick (same bootloader on USB/HDD, same org.chameleon.Boot.plist), tried many bootloaders.
Method with modding ATI6000 doesn't work for me, at last not in USB's S/L/E - its actually fulled with dev id's.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:
Someone konws if it's needed to patch AppleRTC and if the old command will work?!

angelswithneedles

angelswithneedles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Someone konws if it's needed to patch AppleRTC and if the old command will work?!

For CMOS reset on restarting after sleep & wake? I had to patch it, specifically using this command:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

from this thread: http://www.insanelym...pic=276066&st=0. That made it work for me.

coderun

coderun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can somebody to help me run ALC889 on ML DP4?

VCH888

VCH888

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Can somebody to help me run ALC889 on ML DP4?

ALC889HDA_Lion_MLion_V1.00.zip I made for my Z68XP.

chalkie1975

chalkie1975

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The creation of installation media was done with myHack and boot up is fine with no problems but when the language selection screen appears and I press Next I'm given a pop up box with a warning message "mac osx mountain lion cannot be installed on this pc". How is the installer deciding this? What's it based on?
My pc is sandy bridge i7 processor and the mobo is a Zotac H67 with 2 Gb memory. The built in video is Intel 3000 HD and I have an extra ATI 5450 video card. Is this pc able to install ML and if not, what part of it stops me? The northbridge or CPU?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

The creation of installation media was done with myHack and boot up is fine with no problems but when the language selection screen appears and I press Next I'm given a pop up box with a warning message "mac osx mountain lion cannot be installed on this pc". How is the installer deciding this? What's it based on?
My pc is sandy bridge i7 processor and the mobo is a Zotac H67 with 2 Gb memory. The built in video is Intel 3000 HD and I have an extra ATI 5450 video card. Is this pc able to install ML and if not, what part of it stops me? The northbridge or CPU?

It is based on whether it likes you or not, maybe a little sweet talkin before you boot will help...jk, it's based on what it "thinks" your computer is and if it thinks you are using a mac model that can run ML or a mac model that can't or is unrecognized as a valid mac model. Make a new smbios using chameleon wizard with a newer mac model that matches your hardware, and then have it generate a valid serial #. Copy that smbios to the /Extra folder on your installer, if that folder isn't there, make one. After that, give it a few compliments on how it looks and try again.

fbifido

fbifido

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Quick Questions:

1) in ML DP4 what kexts do i need to mod or put my dev-id 954F and ven-id 1002 in for an ATI Radeon HD 4350 (RV710 family = Spartan) ?

2) Can i use any kexts from the 4000 series ?

3) I look in the ATIRadeonx2000.kext and found 0x954F1002, but the card does not enable QE CI ?

stevhorn

stevhorn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I just updated DP4 to Build 12A248 using software update. Everything went well. It must be a significant update
as the download was @1gb+ and took about 10 minutes to update. I hope this update fixes the frequent crashes I was having with the DP4 initial release

chalkie1975

chalkie1975

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
'give it a few compliments' LOL

I laughed so hard, cola came out of my nose.

blitzrahul

blitzrahul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys,

So in preparation for the release of Mountain Lion next month, I will be testing out installing DP4 on a spare drive. I already have a working Lion installation with almost everything working using a vanilla uni + multi method.

I just wanted to know if uni + multi combo still holds good for ML or do I have to stray off the track and try new things like myHack?

thanks.

Dannydeman

Dannydeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I'm going to install DP4 to see if my GTX465 will work in the GM..

I'll prepare a USB install disk in my VMWARE OSX installation (I use Windows). After that I install ML on my second HDD and we'll see how far it goes :) SL and Lion were very stable on my system, when I got the GTX465 the problems started. Now I read that ML supports the GTX4XX, so will give the whole Hackintosh thingy a new try :)

Motawa

Motawa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
everything works till i hit the "install" button. the spinning ball appears and then i get a crash log . any solution?

Stormed

Stormed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi,

Got everything working just fine on my Hackintosh :

• MB : Gigabyte X58A-UD5
  • Proc : Core i7 920
  • GC : 250 GTS 1Gb x2 (SLI, of course unactive on OS X) => using patched DSDT
  • Audio : Realtek ALC889 => Using standard ###### kexts
  • Ethernet : Realtek => Using RTL81xx from Lnx2Mac's
I used this guide to create an installation partition :
http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/

Just changed the following steps :
-> Did'nt replace OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg
-> Copyied mach_kernel from Install_ESD DMG to my install partition root
-> Used this chameleon : http://www.osx86.net...updated_...html
-> And add my Extra folder to my install partition root

Evything works so far, including :
  • iMessages
  • iCloud
  • Voice dictation (in my native language : French)
  • Notification center
  • QE/CI
  • Sound
  • Network
One of my simpliest OS X install ever ;) !

I tried to get my gts 250 1gb to work but have no luck so far. Would mind to share the patch? I just want to compare with mine to see what the difference.
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy